Shirt Dress Two Ways & #Passion4Fashion Linkup

What a busy busy week.. it still the summer holidays over here and that means trips out each day with my boy, and even the occasional date evening with the husband. Its been busy, busy, buys but good.. so so good.

I love having this time with Neo and i’ve been packing it full of things to do each day which does mean that yes.. no actual outfit post as such today (although its still an outfit post of sorts as i am still wearing clothes ๐Ÿ˜‚)

But what i wanted to show you all was this amazing little dress i picked up from Next a couple of weeks ago. Its an absolute delight to wear and something i shall be getting a lot more wear of through autumn too. As you allllll know, i love an item that can be worn lots and lots, and this ticks the box perfectly.

On the first day i wore it as a dress (below), out for a date with the husband i felt lovely in my swishy shirt dress. I paired it with some tan block heels and my little straw bag for a relaxed evening meal with Salvatore. I removed the tie waist and added my own tan tassle belt to cinch in the waist.

Then a week later (above) i wore it to the play gym with my son* , where i undid the buttons to wear like a kimono/shacket. I tucked the collar under also to give the lines a more clean appearance and more kimono like. I added in my fav jeans, a plain cami and finished it off with my red comfy mules and a pop of yellow with the bag to bring out the yellow flowers.

And those aren’t the only ways i shall be wearing it, come the cooler months i’m looking forward to pairing it with my tan knee high boots and a big chunky knit cream cardigan.

Or even layering a thin turtle neck knit underneath and some tights and ankle boots. I’m yet to try it with black also, so maybe something worth dabbling with there too.

This dress really is one that keeps on giving, my favourite kind of dress.

Do you own any dresses that just keep on giving?

1. August 11, 2017 / 8:32 am

Such a pretty piece, and I can see it's going to get lots of airings. Isn't nice to have a garment like this. I bought a denim shirt dress that has been the same, wearable as a dress, but also a jacket 7 come the winter paired with boots and a jumper. Winner for sure. x Jacqui

2. August 11, 2017 / 8:33 am

That's such a beautiful dress! I love shirt dresses like this as you're right you can wear them so many different ways! I've worn mine as a kimono before and I'd love to do it again when the weather is warmer. You look so good in red too ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for the link up!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend planned!

Away From The Blue Blog

3. August 11, 2017 / 10:50 am

Two fantastic stylings and you look so pretty, Rachel!

4. August 11, 2017 / 1:18 pm

That is such a lovely, versatile dress! It works so well both ways!

5. August 11, 2017 / 2:39 pm

This past week was my son's last week of summer vacation, and we have also packed it full with as many fun activities as possible…

That's a great dress! I love it both ways, and I can totally see it with boots and a chunky knit!

Thanks for the link up! Have a wonderful weekend!

Andreaโ€™s Wellness Notes

6. August 11, 2017 / 5:45 pm

I really couldn't tell it was a dress in the first picture, I believed it was a kimono! Love how you styled this piece, and I can't wait to see the way you will style it in the future!

7. Anonymous
    August 11, 2017 / 8:18 pm

That dress is lovely and the colors are so pretty. Enjoy your days with your son and evenings with your husband.

8. August 12, 2017 / 7:48 am

I didn't just order this dress, I didn't.

(I totally did)

9. August 14, 2017 / 7:15 am

I never would have thought of doing this – clever trick! Gorgeous dress x

10. August 16, 2017 / 2:03 pm

Love both ways you styled this!