Floral Shirts & Hot Pink Shoes (An outfit for in-betweeny weather)

Happy Monday Folks!

Firstly.. I know.. And outfit post on a Monday.. what is this, 2012, when i actually used to post outfit posts 2-3 a week? Well no, you see I made a conscious decision this past week that I will be posting outfit photos every Monday and every Friday. You see, I appear to have gotten lazy on the old picture taking front and have fallen in to daily snaps on the phone for Instagram (which i do of course love), but i realised, by doing that i seem to have neglected this space a little.

So i shall be kicking my lazy arse back in to more outfit pictures here for the blog. I’m hoping most of the time they will be with the DSLR with Salvatore taking them, but sometimes they may just be phone pictures with my timer and tripod, which i hope you won’t mind a little amateur style now and again 😉

But yes, Monday and Friday I do hope you’ll join me here for light hearted banter and outfits.

And so, on to today’s outfit. This is the kind of outfit for those in-between summery cold days, y’know, the ones we have a lot here in the UK. The month may say its Spring/Summer but the weather decides to keep us on our toes with cool temperatures and rain.

A few weeks ago i wanted to purchase a few nice tops for just those types of days. I wanted something a bit more fun that black and white so went hunting some florals down.

Now, i am not a fan of too much frou-frou, frilly, busy tops, but this one immediately caught my eye.

I love the frill detail to the shoulder, its interesting without being ‘Too Much’ and the floral pattern is super pretty with a lovely array of colours to open up lots of remixing potential.

I really love the idea of remixing this tucked in to a pleated midi skirt and also with some faux leather trousers come autumn.

For today I’ve paired it with some skinny jeans in a dark indigo(which i always feel looks quite a smart colour for jeans) and my gorgeous Raspberry Pink Shoes from Lotus Shoes.

Can we all just take a moment for the shoes??

Darling aren’t they?  These are The Briars Shoe, which come in a gorgeous array of colours. They are the perfect heel height to add a little leg lengthening powers but also supremely comfy. I can not wait to wear them again, and now i also want the orange oh and the swan grey colour, and well the navy.. Lets just say they’re all amazing.

OUTFIT DETALS:
Shirt & Earrings: H&M
Shoes: Lotus
Skinny indigo Jeans: Tu clothing at Sainsbury’s
Old Clutch: Love this one

What do you wear for in-betweeny weather?

My favourite floral shirts

1. June 5, 2017 / 4:40 pm

It is absolutely suitable for how the weather has turned. Great look. I'll scratch my head to see if I have a floral shirt. Nope. Think it's missing from my wardrobe. Must rectify.

• June 6, 2017 / 2:20 pm

Oh yes, a floral shirt is such a good buy, granted i have trialled a few and there have been some errors along the way, but i have 2 now and i absolutely love them! Great with a trench or blazer in this terrible weather!XX

• June 6, 2017 / 2:20 pm

thank you Nancy, they're pretty fabulous aren't they! Raspberry pink shoes for the win! heehee x x

2. June 5, 2017 / 7:34 pm

You are such a complete babe: stunning! Love everything about this outfit. Gorgoeus blouse, shoes and YOU xx

3. Anonymous
    June 5, 2017 / 7:38 pm

That blouse is gorgeous.
    Marilyn

• June 6, 2017 / 2:21 pm

Thanks Marilyn, im pretty smitten with it, and more so because its so very different to anything else i have x x

4. June 6, 2017 / 5:23 am

I've never thought about hot pink shoes, but they really make the whole look sing! Bet there'e comfortable. Looking forward to seeing more gorgeousness on a Monday xx

• June 6, 2017 / 2:22 pm

Oh laurie these shoes would look absolutely tremendous on you!Bright pink is so great with navy and cream or black and denim.. great little pair of shoes x x

• June 6, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Thanks Elise, its quite a different top to anything else i own, so im super pleased to welcome it to the wardrobe! Hope you're well this week!XX

5. June 6, 2017 / 2:14 pm

I love a good floral shirt. I am sharing not one but two cute ones in my last two posts. I am starting a capsule wardrobe for Summer and I included several floral tops. I love the colors and tiny print on yours and those magenta pumps are gorgeous, Rachel. =)

Always a pleasure stopping by here. Welcome by tomorrow because a brand-new Thursday Moda linkup will be live at 6.00 PM EST. Thanks beauty!

Ada. =)

• June 6, 2017 / 2:24 pm

Oh good luck on the capsule! what a brilliant experience. i loved my year with a capsule. I shall be sure to swing by and join in your link up lovelty ada x x

6. June 8, 2017 / 1:44 am

Oh my goodness, I love your style. Thanks so much for linking up with Blended Blog so I could find your blog!!!

7. June 9, 2017 / 4:00 am

The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful

lennyfacetext.com