I wanted to start a fun series of confessions. Honest little anecdotes from me that are really all about keeping it real. In the social media led world we are so easily sucked in the land of forever wanting .. Wanting to be thinner, richer, have a bigger house, have a better wardrobe, to portray that perfect life.
This is me calling perfection out. I am so far removed from perfection it is actually hilarious.
I am also so not a typical Style blogger it is also absolutely ridiculous, take last week, i fell over walking my dogs and actually bruised my arse. I had to walk back to my house with a soaking wet bum and walking like i’d had an accident in the underwear department. I looked like an incontinent crazy person.
So this I hope will be a glorious warts and all post, proving its still great to be you in a world where we are constantly bombarded with perfection.
1. I haven’t worn mascara in about a week.. partly because i can’t be bothered to take it off at night time, partly because i’m enjyoing the fresher faced look.
2. I’ve returned to my brunette ways and i’m really pleased! My husband and kids however are gutted i lost my super hero streak… major loss on the cool mum points.
3. I’m 10lbs heavier than this time last year but i have absolutely no inclination to do anything about it. I’m enjoying healthy foods, and i love walking my dogs but i just really don’t want to diet or exercise in a gym.. so i’m not going to.
4. I’ve ditched the bra.. I know, possible TMI, but honestly i’ve never felt so liberated. See, here’s the thing, I have tiny boobs and for years and years i’ve covered those puppies in padding just to give me more shape, to conform, to hide them away and to look socially acceptable. But i am done with it. This is actually a topic I’m going to go in to more next week, but yeh at 32 i’m finally accepting my body and actually being ok with it!
5. I’ve been fake tanning with one of those gradual build up tanners, I’m kinda liking it but i’m also terrible at it, what you can’t see in these photos is the mahoosive streak down the back of one leg.. lush.
6. I took these pics last night after wearing this outfit to the vets. I was having a “I have nothing to wear in this gorgeous hot weather” moment so just threw this on. Its really comfy on and a delight to wear, just so easy, but once at the vets i had the comment of “Oh, you look nice, where are you off to dressed like that?” Blatantly all i was doing was sitting in the vets in a nice frock. I actually lied and said “Oh just out for dinner” instead of saying ” This is just how i dress to go to my dogs vet appointment.. I’m sorry, is this not appropriate?”
7. I bought these shoes and i really love them, for a day to evening shoe, or even a day to vet appointment shoe they’re great. However the first few times of wearing they rubbed my big toes so much i got home kicked one off which such vigour it flew off my foot and hit the dog (not the reason the dog was at the vets btw.. she was fine) I since started using some foot lube (i shit you not) and its really helped wear these bad boys in.
So tell me, do you have anything to confess?