Trend Trial: Layering Dresses Over Jeans ( & #Passion4Fashion LinUp!!)

Dresses over jeans is one of those good old styles that’s veered its ever so practical head once again. I remember rocking dresses over jeans in the 90’s and early 00’s, and lately I’ve spotted some cool people/ street style posts in articles and on pintrest.
I think what killed the trend for me was when leggings came in to affect.. and feel free to shoot me a scornful look, but i have a complete aversion to leggings and dresses, leggings in general really (exception is exercise or lounge wear only), I just don’t like them (sorry). I rocked the leggings under dresses thing and just look back with regrets, to be fair it was fairly ubiquitous here in the UK at the time. But i swore i would not do it again ( I hope my sister isn’t reading, she still wears leggings with dresses). Jeans or trousers however does create a rather interesting silhouette. Its fun its flirty and yet totally practical too.
I’d been dying to wear this dress a bit more as i hadn’t worn it since December (which annoys me, you know me, I like to get lots of wear out of everything in my wardrobe!), so inspired by the returning trend i layered the star print dress with my favourite topshop jeans and trusty biker jacket.
It felt great!
I felt pretty in a dress, like party pretty up top, and then practical and functional on the bottom, enabling me to clean and tidy and play on the floor with out feeling ‘precious’ in a dress.
This particular dress is so lovely with its wave drop hem, i found myself swishing through the day.
So i think its fair to say this is a trend i will definitely be wearing again!

What are your thoughts on layering Dresses over Jeans?
I would highly recommend giving it a go.

Outfit Details

Topshop Jamie Jeans

Biker Jacket

Blue Bag Option

Lace Up ‘Ghillie’ Flats

Star Print Dress Options:

1. March 24, 2017 / 9:56 am

Love the pop of blue with the great bag!

2. March 24, 2017 / 12:21 pm

We just did this on the blog about 2 weeks ago, and most votes were negative. But I think a lot of aspects can make or break it—and yours looks better maybe because the dress is shorter?
    Even though most readers didn't love it—I want to try it again!
    jodie

3. March 24, 2017 / 1:45 pm

Cute! I like the idea of layering dresses over jeans because most dresses are too short for my comfort zone.

4. March 24, 2017 / 6:49 pm

I don't like leggings under dresses if the feet are exposed, and thus one can see where the leggings end. What do you think of leggings under a dress with boots though?

5. March 24, 2017 / 9:54 pm

I love how 90's this look is! The leather jacket and dress with stars. I for sure rocked the jeans under dress look back in the day.

Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

6. March 25, 2017 / 1:56 am

I am just swooning over that gorgeous blue bag! I NEEEEEED it!

7. March 25, 2017 / 3:20 am

I've never been quite sold on the concept of wearing a dress over jeans. That is until I read your description, Rachel. Dreamy and pretty on the top, practical and comfy on the bottom. LOVE.

8. March 25, 2017 / 10:22 pm

See, you are great at these kind of trends, it just looks 'normal' on you, rather than something outlandish. I'm not a jeans person, so it's a hard sell to convince me about the dress over them. I actually really like leggings though and am pleased they're back with a vengeance this season, with all of their off-duty model in the '90s connotations! Thanks for hosting x

9. March 26, 2017 / 1:29 am

This trend is not my style but I think you look great!!

xo Jules

10. March 27, 2017 / 9:13 am

The share your really gives us excitement. Thanks for your sharing. If you feel tired at work or study try to participate in our games to bring the most exciting feeling. Thank you!
    hotmail sign in | red ball | 192.168.1.1

11. March 30, 2017 / 7:24 am

Amazing style and love your recommendations.Though I confess, I do wish that first dress would work a little better for those of us with curves.I like to arrange in pairs with dress pink.I thought you can try it.

12. April 14, 2017 / 2:59 am

Esta práctica de la vida también es válido para relojes baratos imitacion los relojes. Y para mí, una réplica de reloj no debe ser tratado peor que un reloj auténtico. Me explico. Es posible dar una vida más larga para replicas rolex su reloj mediante la aplicación de algunas normas y adoptando algunos hábitos saludables.