The Best Sunday Dress (& #Passion4Fashion Linkup)

When i was a child we had Sunday best clothes. Today, for me, Sunday best should be a gorgeously pretty dress but one that isn’t constrictive and is completely comfortable. I don’t want o have to suck in the mum tum or feel all my lumps and bumps are showing. Sunday is for little effort, but on the occasion when i need to shift my ass out of my cosy pj’s and joggers, then this pretty dress seems to be spot on.

I wore this M&S Embroidered Dress last Sunday for Mothers Day and it was sublimely comfy and made me feel super girly all day. The exquisite embroidery is perfect for the ever present trend for Spring/Summer, and even though its a ‘smock’ style dress, i.e no shape, it hangs extremely well by not adding pounds by fluting outwards (i find it happens a lot with these style dress, which in turn makes me look like i’m wearing a tent).

I really love that its navy too, by adding the black tights and black biker it hopefully keeps it from being too twee and girly.

I think i’ll be wearing this dress a lot, and not just on Sundays, I can imagine it with bare legs, white sneakers and a denim jacket once the darn weather warms up (I’m sat here typing in 3 layers and a blanket over me).

As a side note, i do have other shoes i promise, I just absolutely love these red boots and i cant stop wearing the, I actually can’t  get over how much i’ve worn them. They’re in every other Instagram post lately and i’m totally ok with it. They’re just so flippin’ comfy, and the pop of red makes every outfit instantly more fun, and that is a-ok in my books.

Do you have an sublimely comfy dresses that still make you feel pretty?

Just after we got back from this, his super wobbly front tooth (you can probably see its literally dangling here,lol!)fell out and we have ourselves a cute little gummy boy

Outfit Details:
Dress
Boots
Bag

1. March 31, 2017 / 7:12 am

Lovely dress, the embroidery makes it. I think I need a pair of comfy red boots… 😉 x

2. March 31, 2017 / 8:25 am

I think the dress is cute and makes for a comfy sundays best outfit. In my country Nigeria, our sundays best usually includes our beautiful ankara fabrics and large head ties, lots of colour and prints too. I'd like to see how you restyle this dress and I like the idea of the white sneakers and denim jacket pairing.

Princess Audu

3. March 31, 2017 / 10:33 am

Wow, Rachel, this is one of my favorite dresses! I love it so much. I am a huge fan of black florals and the deep tones in the floral print are just fabulous! The red boots are the perfect addition. I need to copy this outfit!

Shelbee

4. March 31, 2017 / 12:53 pm

I am definitely on the embroidery trend—it's such a great detail.
    On another note–I do have a couple of dresses that are shaped like this, but they aren't my favorite because they don't make me feel as pretty—I took in one on the side seams which makes it better. Now I just have to get around to the others….
    jodie

5. March 31, 2017 / 3:56 pm

I love the embroidery on this dress and it looks so easy to wear. I would probably wear the red boots all of the time too! Stop by and linkup on Tuesday if you can at the turning heads linkup.
    Have a great weekend!
    jess xx

6. April 2, 2017 / 8:37 pm

i love the dress, it looks beautiful on you! pretty yet comfy dresses are the best for sundays (or any other days, really)! xx