Dressing up Knitwear ( & Passion4Fashion Linkup)

The cold spell has reached us here in the UK and it has been as low as -5 degrees Celsius. I’ll be completely honest with you and say, when temperatures get this low all i want to do is wear my dressing gown all day, rap myself in my duvet and hibernate. But life demands that we dress each day and doesn’t deem my dressing gown as getting dressed. To say I’m a wimp in cold weather would be an understatement, and skimpy clothes are pretty much retired until warmer weather returns (or for special events only, like the wedding I’ll be attending tomorrow!).

So it’s knitwear all round for me.

Knitwear can however still be dressed up just as much as a dress. I bought this cold shoulder knit for my Winter Capsule as i love how it adds just a little bit of ‘fancy’ to an other wise jumper and jeans outfit. A week in and i’ve already worn this jumper 3 times as its perfect for those occasions when you do want to make an effort, but still need something cosy( and no if you’re wondering my shoulders didn’t get cold.. surprisingly!)

I had lunch plans last Sunday so i threw on my jeans, the cold shoulder jumper and jazzed it up with some red heels. It was perfect for a casual but lovely lunch date. Later i switched back in to my cosy boots (I actually keep them in my car)for warmth and comfort, but it was nice to feel smart and still warm whilst I was out.

Cold Shoulder Sweater
Red Shoes (love all these)
Topshop Jamie jeans
Biker Jacket

Come winter do you still dress fashionably or for warmth?

1. December 2, 2016 / 7:57 am

I always dress for warmth in winter! Practicality all the way! Although you swapped out the red heels later I really like them with this outfit 🙂

Thank you for the link up!

Hope you are having an awesome week! 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

2. December 2, 2016 / 1:07 pm

Such a pretty sweater! It looks fabulous with your biker jacket, and the cold shoulder detail and the pretty knit add a lot of interest. Love your red heels with the outfit!

Thanks for the link up! Have a wonderful weekend, Rachel!

Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

3. December 2, 2016 / 2:14 pm

Gorgeous look! love that sweater!

4. December 2, 2016 / 2:38 pm

Great pop of red in your shoes! I never think about layering over my knitwear, so I will certainly give this a try this winter.

5. December 2, 2016 / 3:19 pm

You can't beat a good bit of layering to keep warm x x

6. December 2, 2016 / 3:33 pm

Obsessed with this look! I love your cold shoulder sweater and those red heels are to die for!

xoxo,
    Kim
    Champagneista

7. December 2, 2016 / 6:37 pm

you look super cute! what an awesome outfit! I really love red heels + red lip combo . perfect for the holiday season!

8. December 2, 2016 / 7:44 pm

Wow! That is chilly! I have to say I like cold weather much more than warm but that is cold. Great sweater – is it my screen or is it the palest of blues? It's lovely. Thanks so much for hosting and showing us your, and everybody else fabulous looks! Have a great week.

Charlie
    Fur Earwig

9. December 2, 2016 / 10:25 pm

I'm much more a fan of the cold than the hot so I'm envying you, Rachel 🙂 it only JUST became cooler here in Houston, thank goodness.

p/s your heels!!!

10. December 3, 2016 / 12:40 pm

Love the way you layered your sweater. The red heels just totally complete the outfit! Thanks for hosting 🙂

Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

11. December 4, 2016 / 5:59 am

I like to think I dress fashionably even when the cold hits. I'm a sundress wearer year round, so cardigans and warm tights are my best friend this time of the year.

12. December 5, 2016 / 5:12 am

Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. I love that you added red pumps to the look. So unexpected. Great styling.

13. December 8, 2016 / 7:40 am

In the name of many affordable Louis Vuitton handbags in front of some people with the big slip, but in vain to back the brand Chanel handbags name is still aunt street; and smart fashion fine they will know how to use the same money to buy the noble fashion Rolex Air King section .If you have determined to get rid of Aunt, promotion of fashion fine, then first look at the luxury entry five best?Original Rolex Watches?and the most worthwhile investment in five international Omega Watches Replica big bar.As if the brand of Replica Tag Heuer had to recommend, can not find a reason not recommended.?

Louis Vuitton handbags