Dressing for Winter with Buffalo Plaid & Sorel Boots (& #Passion4Fashion Linkup)

A few posts ago i mentioned that come winter I’m a complete wimp when it comes to cold temperatures. So can you imagine how happy i am in this snuggly outfit. Its so cosy, a bit festive and i just generally want to live in it.

For years I’ve searched for the perfect Buffalo plaid piece but to no avail, well until this winter and my perfect fit and style shirt practically fell in to my lap.

I absolutely love wearing it, and within the week I’d worn it 3 times over, each slightly differently styled (with black jeans and then with a black faux leather skirt and back to with my trusty Levi’s)

The brushed cotton fabric feels so warm and cosy for this time of year, but I also love that even though its warm, i still can dress it to make it look like I’m not hibernating for the winter. To me it brings a bit of an edgy vibe to an outfit, which i do lean towards come winter (boho in summer, rock-edgy in winter.. I use both those terms loosely of course, as we all know I have an ever changing sense of style direction)

So with my buffalo check/plaid shirt I’ve been pairing it with my new favourite faux Sherling coat which was a gift from my parentals. My dad actually chose it, which makes me love it all the more.

And then finished off with my Sorel boots.. These have become a complete winter staple. They’re so much more comfortable and warmer than wellies, and yet are fully waterproof too. A total worthy investment

Shop the Look:

Sorel Cosy Carnival Boots

Levi’s Mile High Jeans

Buffalo Checked shirt: Try This or this one

Faux shearling Jacket

Shop:

Buffalo Plaid/Check

BB Dakota Shirt Dress

Madewell Tunic Dress

Rails Button Down

Do you own any checked shirts?

1. December 16, 2016 / 10:47 am

Those boots look so cosy! I like the red matching your tartan shirt too 🙂

Thank you for the link up!

Hope you have a great weekend ahead of you 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

2. December 16, 2016 / 11:07 am

Ohhhh I'm loving those boots! They're also matching perfectly with your buffalo plaid 🙂

Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

3. December 16, 2016 / 12:41 pm

The jacket is so pretty and it seems so cosy as well! I only own one plaid shirt that I got recently and I can't wait to use it in a blog post but it's been so cold here I can't get myself to wear it…

Marta – http://www.aroundcolours.blogspot.com

4. December 16, 2016 / 1:33 pm

I don't own a buffalo plaid shirt, but I've always wanted one. For some reason I have two black/white plaid shirts, and I am therefore holding off buying any more plaid shirts…

I really like your outfit! And how special that your dad picked the jacket!

Thanks for the link up & have a wonderful weekend!

Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

5. December 16, 2016 / 6:26 pm

I love buffalo plaid tops! I would wear them everyday if I could, because winter isn't my friend either.
    Thank you for hosting, have a great weekend

xo
    Mel

6. December 17, 2016 / 3:00 am

My fave plaid has to be Buffalo. It's so laidback yet graphic. Love these shots, btw, especially the one with you turning up your nose. Adorable 🙂

7. December 17, 2016 / 5:01 pm

Shrunk my favourite plaid dress from ASOS so replaced it with a plaid shirt like yours from American Eagle.

8. Anonymous
    January 6, 2017 / 10:40 pm

العاب فلاش 2017 جديدة ورائعة مقدمة مجانا من موقع العاب فلاش دادي العاب بنات ويحتوي الموقع علي اكثر من 3000 لعبة اونلاين مجانية من العاب طبيب والعاب حرب والعاب تنظيف البشرة والعاب مكياج وغيرها من الالعاب المسلية
    العاب بنات
    العاب طبخ
    العاب تلبيس
    العاب سيارات
    العاب بن تن
    العاب حرب
    العاب مكياج
    العاب باربي
    العاب دورا

9. August 14, 2017 / 7:58 am

She is looking very nice with this dressing and boots matches very well. So, this website have a lot of more fashion related posts and articles. Women must love this site due to its uniqueness and latest fashion trend.