My ‘Hero Item’ for the wedding season with M&S

Wedding season is upon us ladies. That time of year where we fiercely scour every shop and website for the perfect occasion dress, that magical item that will make you feel a million dollars (or pounds in my case) that fits like a dream and sparkles and shines with the best of them.

The thing with an occasion,such as a wedding in my case, is there are photos. Lots of photos. This outfit will be encapsulated in these images which will be viewed by all and put in albums for all of time. You can’t turn up to something like that looking naff now can you.

So when Marks and Spencer got in touch to introduce their Ultimate Dress Guide i headed on over and took a good look at the possibilities for a summer wedding guest outfit. (well worth a look for lots of occasions, i absolutely fell in love with both the outfits for the Garden party, i may have to create a party in my pokey garden just to buy the outfits!)

This dress is actually one straight out of the guide after much deliberating and perusing their full dresses range

I absolutely fell in love with the exquisite beading and detailing, in person its super sparkley and catches the light beautifully. I have my dearest friends wedding on July 2nd, which is a traditional church and a stunning venue for the wedding breakfast. I knew i wanted my outfit to be fitting for a church ceremony (call me a snob but too much flesh out in church is just a huuugge no no to me) but yet still fun and not stuffy. For me this ticks all the right boxes. Yay! That leaves me lots of time between now and then to sort hubby out, he may not be so easy. The man hates a suit, a compromise may need to be had, or bribery, like with the kids (LOL).

Dress , Earrings & Shoes c/o Marks and Spencer

Clutch: Marc Jacobs(via TK maxx)

Do you have an occasion this year to dress up for? Have you found your ‘Hero’ item yet?

Just a quick proud mummy moment.. this is the child of a blogger, the boy now loves to be in the photos too haha! He’s not coming to the wedding but i’m tempted to buy him a little suit anyway because that would be just plain old adorable!

1. May 29, 2015 / 6:17 am

This dress is stunning! You look fantastic! I also love the shoes. I think I need them. I wish they have them in here in M&S.

Happy weekend!

I will be honored if you stop by sometime at my blog Elegant 40!

2. May 29, 2015 / 7:57 am

That dress is gorgeous and perfect for a wedding. I love the pastel colors and all the beading, it has a cool 20s vibe. Your son is so handsome also and I love those 2 photos of you both. =)

Enjoy the weekend, Rach!

3. May 29, 2015 / 9:41 am

Oh wow Rachel you look absolutely stunning! The colour looks gorgeous on you!
    Sophie
    x

4. May 29, 2015 / 9:54 am

Love this dress! It's so sparkly and I love this detailing! Totally agree with you about flashing the flesh at a church being a no no! Your little boy is adorable too!

Lucy x
    Yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

5. May 29, 2015 / 11:03 am

Neo is so handsome! He looks so much like you!!! That dress is beautiful too!!!x

6. May 29, 2015 / 11:14 am

I love that dress. It's so great. Also, your little guy is adorable. Mine older son is 3 and he loves sneaking into the photos too. I couldn't agree more that it's "the child of a blogger" and they just want to be doing what we're doing. 🙂 Thanks for hosting!

7. May 29, 2015 / 12:11 pm

I am completely obsessing over that dress and those embellishments! Just gorgeous!!

xx, Leah / Eat Pray Wear Love

8. May 29, 2015 / 1:28 pm

This is a beautiful dress on you, the details are just incredible. I have wanted to buy my son a suit too but knew that wasn't the smartest choice since he has no where to wear it but like you said little boys in suits are just the cutest.

Alice

Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

9. May 29, 2015 / 1:32 pm

Rachel that is a honey of a dress! As someone who isn't enamoured by most wedding dresses (very rarely do I ever think WOW when I see one) I think you look better than most brides – sorry all brides…!!!!!!! It's just so chic, the simple shape and the embellishment are sooooo purty together. Well done M&S!

Thank you for hosting sweetie, hope Cornwall's been good to you!

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb x

10. May 29, 2015 / 3:32 pm

Beautiful photos and beautiful outfit!

11. May 29, 2015 / 7:03 pm

It is a gorgeous dress! I hope that the wedding is amazing, and that you get a heap of other just as good reasons to wear your hero dress. Thanks so much for hosting!! Have a great week.

Charlie
    Fur Earwig

12. May 29, 2015 / 8:34 pm

hi Rachel!

Yup, I am back and I am at "simple sequins", too! Please come see my blog now. I've made some changes and kept some other stuff, too. I'm not linking because I want to start back gradually.

This peachy dress is divine on you. It is masterfully made just for you and your new color of hair and makeup. You are so smart. I have missed you.

There will be at least M W F postings from me from now on.
    Yay!!! ♥renae

• May 30, 2015 / 3:37 pm

hahahahaha! Rachel, you brought laughter to my morning. Thanks for the welcome back. …so much.

Your son is so handsome. You are a tender Mommy, I can tell. ♥renae

13. May 30, 2015 / 4:28 pm

A really lovely classic & timeless dress Rachel! So jealous as I haven't been to a wedding for a few years now! Thank you for hosting as always! Andrea x

14. May 31, 2015 / 3:18 am

Rachel, this dress and entire outfit is beautiful as are you. What a perfect dress with your skin town, and of course for this shoot as always you got the lighting just perfectly. You're glowing!

Love it!

Ann from Kremb de la Kremb

15. May 31, 2015 / 8:13 pm

Such a beautiful dress and it looks great on you. I have a friends 50th birthday event in a few weeks and still need to decide what I'm wearing . Any excuse to go shopping!! Lorraine x

16. August 21, 2015 / 8:52 am

Love this dress! The color is so eye pleasing. You rocked in this outfit. I have to attend a royal wedding in October at a Malibu wedding venue. Can you suggest a perfect outfit for this royal wedding?

17. December 7, 2015 / 1:43 am