Project Sister Act: That 70’s Show (& #Passion4FashionLinkup )

Today i am pleased to be part of Project Sister Act. A movement created by Sheela of Sheela Writes for ladies of all ages to express themselves with a common thread. It is to show that whether you are in your teens, 50’s or older, you can wear whatever you want.
This is something i feel very strongly about. Style is ageless. As long as you wear something with confidence and happiness age is irrelevant.
I had a conversation recently with a friend who has just hit 40. After loosing a substantial amount of weight and feeling great about her new figure i suggested she tried coated skinny jeans (my bff of the jeans world). She said she daren’t and couldn’t even contemplate the idea purely because of her age.
I can not stress enough AGE IS JUST A NUMBER!!
It does not define you.
Try something that might be out of your comfort zone even if you feel like “it’s too young for you”. I promise you, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Granted i’m not saying all should run out in mini skirt, stilettos and crop tops, i’m purely saying don’t let an outmoded way of thinking stop you from trying something that could be fabulous.
Project Sister Act is a wonderful way to show woman from the age groups teens, 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s all rock a style in their very own way.
Today me and some wonderful ladies are trialling the very in style 70’s trend.
I opted for some simple pieces that i already had in my wardrobe.
Nothing screams 70’s more to me than floppy hats and flares. I added in a crisp white shirt to stop it looking costumey and my gilet for a full on 70’s fun fest.

Jeans: F&F

Boots: J Brand

Gilet: Next

White Shirt & Hat: New Look

Majestic Collar Necklace: Yosa

Meet the lovely ladies of Project Sister Act this month.
All ages rocking that 70’s vibe

Eve, Teen Category

Ashia, 20s Category

Myself in 30’s category

Sheela, 40s Category

Shelley, 50s Category

1. April 3, 2015 / 7:50 am

Love your take on the 70s theme Rachel & like you believe age is just a number. Having hit 40 just over a year ago I'm embracing the new era & inner confidence I've found since hitting the big four-0 & enjoying having fun with fashion πŸ™‚
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

2. April 3, 2015 / 7:59 am

I love your relaxed take on the 70s. BTW, I think you have Sheela's picture twice and Shelley is missing..

• April 3, 2015 / 8:12 am

Thanks Tiina.. can you tell i put that together all bleary eyes at midnight? lol! All fixed now and the lovely shelley has her place xx

3. April 3, 2015 / 8:27 am

Looking great in the '70s look Rachel! The hat really suits you. I am definitely inspired to be a bit more '70s this Spring, some lovely looks there you've showcased from other bloggers too. Thanks for hosting again x

4. April 3, 2015 / 9:43 am

You look fabulous Rachel! I have a hat like that but age has put me off of wearing it which is ridiculous & after reading this I'm going to give it a go! Have a lovely weekend & thanx for hosting! x

5. April 3, 2015 / 2:50 pm

oh the hat! yup PINNED IT! β™₯

6. April 3, 2015 / 4:41 pm

The hat, the hat, the hat!!! Rachel, the hat!!! xoxoxoxo

7. April 4, 2015 / 1:16 am

It is very interesting that today I got a comment on one of my social media and an American guy asked me if my husband will not respect me because I am wearing a swimsuit. Lol! It is a black one piece, not even a bikini. I love what you try to achieve and I am definitely will support! All the ladies are so beautiful and my favorite is the 50th group.

Thank you for hosting this link up for us and have a great holiday weekend .

Grace

8. April 6, 2015 / 10:27 pm

I have seen this link up on a few different blogs and I am really enjoying this set because it has introduced me to some REALLY stylish ladies, such as yourself- glad I stumbled on your blog. Coated skinny jeans are great because the extra weight and thicker/starchy fabric provides a little structure to hold in the wobbly bits- you know what I mean?! Great for all ages and all body types- makes easing into the skinny jean trend a little easier for some. Thanks for sharing. Love the blue hat! -Rebecca from http://www.daisydisdain.com

9. April 7, 2015 / 6:40 am

Do not ask me why but I fall in love with your hat , looks great and lovely color as well. Thanks for sharing, pretty amazing!!!

10. July 9, 2015 / 6:10 am
  11. December 7, 2015 / 1:38 am
  12. January 4, 2016 / 4:02 am
  13. April 18, 2016 / 4:28 am
  14. April 26, 2016 / 6:18 am

Dear, I like all your post. Everything looks so sweet, I admire this kind of life and the best wishes for you. Hope that we can communicate with each other. By the way, any body try this android pt forum ? I lost my data and I don’t know how to recover.