Layered Gilet over a Biker Jacket

When i bought this gilet i knew i wanted to try layering it with a biker jacket. Something i’d seen on others but wondered if i could pull it off (or put it on as the case would be). I loved it, it made a cold day where a gilet wouldn’t be enough, perfectly wearable.I have worn this layered look with jeans previously, but i had been visiting friends and had donned a dress for the occasion This causal teal aztec print dress is mighty comfy (if slightly short on reflection #tallgirlproblems ) but with thick tights, its slightly dipped hem and my favourite Lotus boots, i think i kept the short dress pretty casual.
All finished off with my current Yosa beaus.. the gold & black tassle pendant and matching earrings. Not normally one to match my jewellery, but i just love this double whammy of black and gold. Its such a great easy to wear set that adds the perfect amount of bejewells to any outfit. I think it would look awesome with a black breton top…. note to self, must try that asap.

In other news i have my second hair lightening appointment on Tuesday.. i am verrry excited. even more so as i literally don’t know what colour i will be coming out, haha!
I shall keep you posted on the hair lightening journey. I have a picture in my head of where i would possibly like it to be hair wise, but we shall see and so will you next week! If i’m wearing a hat it could all have gone drastically wrong 😉

Tunic: H&M

Gilet: Next

Biker Jacket (underneath): New Look

Boots: c/o Lotus

Tassle necklace (now only £9, also available in red and teal)

Have you ever tried layering a gilet with a biker?

Be sure to go say hello to my good blogging friend and co-host this week
 Angele of The European Malteser

If you don’t already know Angele she’s a sweetheart and has a majorly covet-able accessories collection!

1. February 27, 2015 / 7:31 am

You totally managed to pull off the faux fur gilet rachel!
    Sophie
    X

2. February 27, 2015 / 7:53 am

I like this outfit. You look wonderful. I wear similar but the dress is brown orange to suit me better than blue. Your color is blue (matches your beautiful eyes).

3. February 27, 2015 / 7:59 am

Looking lovely. Thanks for the link up.
    Merci

4. February 27, 2015 / 8:21 am

Yes, you've made it work perfectly! I layer faux fur collars over coats and cardigans all the time, but I don't own a gilet. You make me feel like I'm missing out?! By the way, your hair has got lovely and long lately, I really like it. Thanks for hosting!

P.S. There might be some more spending ban confessions… x

5. February 27, 2015 / 8:59 am

Cute dress, I love the addition of the the gilet and necklace. Looking forward to how your hair will turn out as well but so far I'm loving it.

Princess Audu

6. February 27, 2015 / 10:28 am

Love the gilt over the biker jacket Rachel. Each winter I keep meaning to invest in a black fur gilet & I still haven't but definitely adding one to my list for next winter.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

7. February 27, 2015 / 12:26 pm

I love how you styled this outfit! The gilet looks perfect layered over the moto jacket! Your dress is so cute!

Jill
    Doused In Pink

8. February 27, 2015 / 1:53 pm

Love this! I am actually wearing a shift dress with a leather jacket, boots, and tights on my blog today too. Great minds!

Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

9. February 27, 2015 / 2:29 pm

and the irony of my post today yet another way to tell if someone is Canadian, British or American as I am wering a furv vest today your are wearing a gillet. Love the look no matter what we call it. Come link up with my thursday link up http://bit.ly/1vBWwqu

10. February 27, 2015 / 2:43 pm

I had no idea what "gilet" was. So I must be Canadian:) It's fun to watch your hair change, Rachel. I love to see the variety of bloggers who have posted each week, although I wish some bloggers would limit themselves to one link.

11. February 27, 2015 / 7:50 pm

Loving that blue color on you! Happy Friday! xx, Conni

12. February 27, 2015 / 8:18 pm

LOVING your jewelry this week. That necklace is a scene steal-er! Loving the blue. I am loving all things blue right now… in every shade! 😉 I am so excited for the spring fashions and pops of color, I am excited for the fun accessories and recently made a DIY to recreate your own Burberry inspired scarf. Such an easy way to ease spring into a winter's wardrobe!

Not sure how you pick your favorite each week, everyone does such an amazing job!

Thanks for the Link up!
    Riva xo

13. February 27, 2015 / 8:44 pm

Looking fab as always, good luck with the hair lightening, I'm sure it'll go swimmingly and you'll look even more stunning! xx

14. February 27, 2015 / 9:25 pm

I love this outfit and the way you've put it all together. The dress looks great with that jacket and boots! Thanks for hosting!

15. February 28, 2015 / 7:19 am

As always beautiful. I love your blog and your looks. You're so pretty. This dress is wonderful, I would have wanted this to be.
    Dressesofbridal

16. February 28, 2015 / 12:31 pm

Absolutely love that dress!! It's perfection on you! The jewellry also compliments it so well, still a casual feel, but with a little extra flair! Looks effortless! So jealous!
    -Linds

17. February 28, 2015 / 6:09 pm

Can't wait to see how your hair turns out, what a bold move! After you lighten it which color are you planning on dying it? I would love to go pastel!!

18. February 28, 2015 / 7:18 pm

This is my favorite look I have seen in a long time… boho biker. Love it! The tassels and geometric print are fantastic, the dress almost has this chic homemade feel, and the boots lace up in the back! Yes, please!

-Anastasia Ivy

19. March 1, 2015 / 6:28 am

You look fantastic! I'm kind of in love with your little blue shift dress. Dresses like yours always look so comfy while being super cute.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com