Blanket wrap casually styled with jeans and a blouse

My first post with my new lighter hair..
So long black hair, it was swell! But as they say; A change is as good as a rest, and the mood struck to finally do something about it. It’s still darker than where i want to be colour wise, but its a good starting point for moving in to lighter shades.. Yay for change! I’m planning a full hair post for later this week, so keep an eye out for that if you’re wondering about hair lightening!
So this weekend has been blissful, no work for me and lots of cuddles  with Neo and puppy Cassy, plenty of reading, way to much eating and lolling about, it was lovely (of course along with the obligatory, washing, ironing and general boring stuff).
As for outfits? Well it was casual all the way of course.. uggs were on and pj’s mostly, but when clothes for called for i opted for simple, drapey and comfy. Perfect for returning this bum back to the sofa and wrapping up in a blanket. I think its just amazing that you can legitimately wear a blanket out and call it an outfit. Ladies fashion has come on leaps and bounds in regards to comfort hasn’t it. Joggers are now fully accepted forms of day-wear and can even look super smart, trainers now look uber cool styled with smart trousers and blankets are now perfect for outerwear!
Don’t you just love how fashion progresses.  Being a woman can sometimes be hard work (lord don’t i know it!!) But sometimes i feel exceptionally proud and pleased to be a woman… yes i got all that from joggers and blanket wraps.. amazing what some r&r can do to a girls thoughts 😉

Is there a comfy trend that you have absolutely love?

Blanket Wrap & Blouse: New Look

Hat: Primark

Boots: c/o Duo Boots

Bag & Necklace: Yosa

Linked up:
Tucker Up
The Pleated Poppy

1. February 2, 2015 / 2:31 pm

love your hair and this look. finally found a white blouse that I love to style casually, read a hint to upsize for the slouchy comfy look and it worked.

2. February 2, 2015 / 2:43 pm

Yes, change always feels great. Absolutely love this hue on you, and that outfit – so good!!! xo

3. February 2, 2015 / 2:47 pm

Love the elegant equestrian feel of this outfit which is perfect for a Britt. That plaid blanket wrap is gorgeous. Looking great, Rachel. =)

4. February 2, 2015 / 4:25 pm

omg I love how you styled your blanket wrap. Gorgeous look!

5. February 2, 2015 / 4:40 pm

Your hair is beautiful! I like this outfit. I just finished taking photos os my new DIY poncho. Yes, the fashion now is fun.

6. February 2, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Love this look! Super simple and chic.

7. February 2, 2015 / 7:39 pm

Lovely hair Rachel! I think it softens your face beautifully too xx

8. February 2, 2015 / 10:14 pm

Love this new, lighter hair color! You looked beautiful in black as well. I'm a big fan of changing up hair color.

9. February 2, 2015 / 10:19 pm

Oh Rachel! I am loving the red tone to your hair. You are so beautiful, yup! I am back from my blog break!!! It feels great to be around blog-land and to see you and such. ♥

10. February 2, 2015 / 11:22 pm

your hair's looking lovely! how light are you going to go? 🙂 also loving the blanket wrap, looks so comfy as well as chic! xx

11. February 2, 2015 / 11:33 pm

Rachel you look absolutely gorgeous! Your hair is lovely and that outfit looks incredible on you! Loving this look.

Lucy x
    Yellowicing@blogspot.co.uk

12. February 2, 2015 / 11:47 pm

Love your new hair! Love the blanket wrap too, I ned to get me one of those, especially for my office, it's freezing! x

13. February 3, 2015 / 2:00 am

I've never heard of hair stripping Rachel, so I'm totally intrigued. I do love however how your hair is like glowing in these pics. Marvellous!! Plus, yes to blankets!! I'm actually running Poncho Tuesdays on Kremb de la Kremb
    this February. My last styling will be with a blanket. Love it!! Cool jeans too:D

Love,

Ann of Kremb de la Kremb

14. February 3, 2015 / 3:45 am

I absolutely love the lighter hair color! It makes you look even younger! Your casual look here is wonderful too. I really like the blanket wrap styled with the simple white blouse and jeans.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

15. February 3, 2015 / 9:36 pm

I love everything about this look! Casual and chic! You look amazing and your hair looks fabulous!!!

16. February 4, 2015 / 6:07 pm

I love how you styled that blanket wrap with a bright envelope clutch! What a refreshing way to add a bright color!
    xo
    Jordan Taylor
    petiteMODERN
    Richmond, VA

17. February 4, 2015 / 6:52 pm

Love this look! You look so pretty!

Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

18. February 4, 2015 / 8:11 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG I never thought you'd change the black hair Rachel – I thought you'd be black forever like me being red forever!!! But don't think I don't like it – I absolutely LOVE IT!! I've alsoo pinned this outfit coz it's just too fabulous. All sorts of gorgeousness coming from Your Holy Blogness this week!!!! Wow and wow 😀

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb x