Wearing Lilac in Autumn with Camel And Plum

Oh camel coat how i love thee. Since my big coat debate i have worn this coat so very very much!! I’ve mentioned previously how i sometimes start from the outer layer of the outfit and work my way in, well it bodes well when the coat is this good! Camel goes with so much, which makes for very easy outfit making. I recently saw in Look magazine camel and lilac for a 70’s type vibe, graced the catwalks on some designer shows. And I like this combo. It brings a pretty pastel  colour to autumn, when we used to be all about the browns and blacks. Fresh colours are always welcome, especially when paired with the wonderful neutral of camel.
I paired my new plum ‘tube trousers’ (fancy word for thick stretchy leggings if you ask me) in to the outfit for some depth next to the lighter colours. Black seemed to dark, jeans would work too but this lovely plummy colour added just the right amount of warmth.
I wish i’d taken my coat off to show the sleeves of this lilac fine knit sweater. It has lovely little jewels all over the sleeves for that extra sparkle. Love it! (have a look here plus it’s on sale for Ā£10!)

Coat & Sweater: F&F

Tube Trousers: George at Asda

Boots: Duo Boots

Hat:Asos

Bag: River island

Do you ever bring summer colours in to winter?

1. November 5, 2014 / 8:29 am

Incredibly chic! Love it x

2. November 5, 2014 / 9:50 am

Beautiful colour combination Rachel. Loving the hat!

X x

3. November 5, 2014 / 12:13 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! I would never have thought about putting those colours together in a million years but it really works. Lilac is one of my favourite colours and looks stunning on you! x

4. November 5, 2014 / 5:23 pm

Really nice color combination. Love that camel coat- so chic!

Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!

L,
    Vicky
    TheMummyChronicles.com

5. November 5, 2014 / 5:26 pm

Love the mix of colors here with the neutrals. I love a camel jacket, looks great. THe lavendar hat and the burgundy pants are great color choices for fall, to make the colors pop with the neutrals. love it
    from the link up,
    please stop by, jess xx

6. November 5, 2014 / 9:22 pm

Brave colour choice but you pull it off so darn well. Love the fact you haven't gone neutral with the leggings x

7. November 6, 2014 / 2:57 am

You did a great job with wearing lilac with other fall colors šŸ™‚ That hat is gorgeous šŸ™‚

If you have a sec, Iā€™d like you to check out the latest on my blog: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com