Its the Accessories that make an Outfit

Lately i am all about simple outfits and adding in great accessories. I’ve been adding in lots of neutrals to my wardrobe – clothing wise, and then some major statements.

This is just a very simple skirt and top outfit that i really like, but by adding in the super statement necklace and the amazing bright red shoes it takes it to an even better version.

I am still definitely working on the whole buy less often but shop more classics thing, but i can see that is the road that i would like to be going down. This top is already seeing its second post in a matter of weeks as i just love it so much. The midi skirt is something i’m working on. I’m not much of a midi length wearer but its starting to grow on me.

So the sun is finally got his(her?) hat on this neck of the woods..yippeee! I am so happy.. lets all pray that it sticks around for a while, it really is a mood improver!

Top: River Island

Necklace: Yosa (10% off for all sign-ups)

Shoes:c/o Daniel Footwear

Clutch: Dorothy Perkins

What accessories are you wearing lately to make your outfit ‘Pop!’?

1. June 18, 2014 / 10:27 am

You are looking more stunning in every outfit post Rachel. Your style is on fire!
    Sophie
    x

2. June 18, 2014 / 11:50 am

Gorgeous necklace! xx

3. June 18, 2014 / 12:03 pm

You look stunning! Such a lovely outfit, and I agree with you on accessories totally making an outfit. Visiting from the WIW link up.
    Sammi@http://beautifuldreamerami.blogspot.com/

4. June 18, 2014 / 12:05 pm

I think the midi skirt looks perfect on you and I love the color combo in this outfit. I am definitely a statement earrings person I am slowly coming around towards necklaces.

Aloha, Kathleen | House of Polynesia

5. June 18, 2014 / 6:31 pm

I love accessories as when pennies are tight they can update any old outfit! Lovely necklace Rachel! Those shoes really are killer heels! Gorgeous! Ax

6. June 18, 2014 / 7:42 pm

I love basics too, they are so versatile. This look is stunning, I love your skirt, the colour is amazing. I love the pop of colour with your heels and the necklace really ties this look together.

7. June 18, 2014 / 10:14 pm

Very pretty! I love statement necklaces, but am honestly quite lazy about jewelry some days. You've inspired me.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

8. June 19, 2014 / 3:00 am

Excellent Rachel. I first thought, huh to the skirt, but then I got the whole concept with the magic your awesome necklace preformed. Super! Thanks for being such wonderful inspiration for me when I can get in front of the camera again. Not with this yellow chemo skin, nope not yet. ♥

9. June 19, 2014 / 1:22 pm

Girrrl, you look fierce. The different shades of blue make your hair and eyes pop and the red is just the right amount of class. Seriously.

10. June 20, 2014 / 2:39 am

Loove that skirt, Rach! I just bought a blue midi skirt and it's a recent fave!!

By the way, I just updated my blog with a new post. I’d love for you to swing by.

xo,
    Abby

11. June 27, 2014 / 11:41 am

I adore the necklace and these red pumps are amazing!

Take care!