Green Maxi Dress

I kind of blended right in to my background here ..oopss.. camo at its best hey! haha!

I do not own enough green and yet it is one of my most favourite colours. This was decided way back in Junior school when Nick Carter of The Backstreet Boys answered the ‘get to know you’ interview in my Smash Hits magazine. From then on green was also my most favourite colour, therefore making me and Nick totally MFEO (made for each other) haha. Funny, my crush for Nick Carter may have faded but my love for the colour green hasn’t.

This cheap emerald green maxi was just too gorgeous to pass by, plus it’s just like wearing a nighty all day long. Super comfort levels here people.

I’ve tried to get some wear out of it, even though it has not been the warmest of late, by adding my aztec little blazer to keep me from getting cold.

Plus i couldn’t resist adding a pop of pink with my bag as green and pink have to be one of my all time favourite colour combinations.

In work today we were talking about how there is really not much point splurging lots of money on summer clothes here in the UK, when really they may only get warn 3-4 times! I am therefore making a conscious effort to try and wear summery nice clothes that are also transitional. Nice season appropriate pieces that i also wont freeze in. Maxi’s and blazers seem to be my answer to that.

Oh to experience 4 proper seasons… !

Green Maxi dress (actual)~ Dorothy Perkins

Aztec blazer: F&F (obsessed with this one)

Pumps: New Look (old)

Bag (actual): Next

Necklace: Yosa (coming soon…sign up for more info here!)

How do you handle the weather where you are?
Do you struggle with summer clothes or are you lucky enough to have 4 proper seasons?

Shop the look:

1. June 3, 2014 / 9:36 pm

I love how your dress this up with the blazer, it's absolutely gorgeous. You look fantastic xo

2. June 4, 2014 / 7:13 am

Such a lovely colour. Stunning x

3. June 4, 2014 / 8:33 am

I really like green and pink together as well – such a lovely outfit and setting for photos!

4. June 4, 2014 / 8:42 am

Great combination with the jacket. I wear my maxis a lot layered with tops as they are so comfy.

X x

5. June 4, 2014 / 10:25 am

That maxi dress is gorgeous Rachel. Emerald suits you very much. Love the shoes and necklace, very very much.

If you'd like stop by to see the latest on Amy and I's Spring Must Haves. =)

Happy Wednesday!! <3 Ada.

6. June 4, 2014 / 1:12 pm

Maxi dresses are great for multiple seasons. I always try to purchase transitional clothes because we do have all the seasons here. Already up to 90 today. Ugh! You look beautiful in green.

xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

7. June 4, 2014 / 1:41 pm

The dress looks great on you, makes sense that green is your favorite colour. Love that you paired ir with the aztec print jacket, it takes the dress to a whole new level rather than looking plain.Love the pop of pink too.

8. June 4, 2014 / 5:06 pm

Great ensemble Rachel, and great dress on you. Fabulous color. You look stunning in solid deep colors, {dat's my opinion}. ♥, Renae

9. June 4, 2014 / 5:27 pm

I don't know what it is about that green color, but it's just such a versatile color on everyone! You look absolutely stunning – I love your hair!

10. June 4, 2014 / 9:07 pm

Hmm, it's been an extra long rainy cool period here, so I'm going to imitate you and wear a blazer over a long dress. Thanks for the style inspiration! 😀

11. June 5, 2014 / 10:51 am

I don't own much green either, but it is my favourite colour! I need to remedy it! Loving the blazer over the dress, looks gorgeous x

12. June 5, 2014 / 3:50 pm

I may or may not have gone through a baby blue phase because Justin (during his 'N Sync days) said it was his favorite color. Haha.