Coral and a Polka-dot Scarf (&Link up for Passion For Fashion)

So we are 25 days in to the #100dayshoppingban and i have to say, so far i am feeling strong and dare i say, it seems to be getting slightly easier.  Even saying that out loud feels like i’m tempting fate, but i have made it past another milestone for me..payday! Payday normally means a little treat, whether that be a new dress or bag or both, but so far nothing. And it feels pretty damn good! 75 days to go and feeling good. I think i will struggle when (if) the weather changes and spring rears it’s pretty little head come March time as new season clothing and sunny days will definitely make me want to purchase a few new things, especially as spring last year i was 2 stone heavier (i can’t believe how big i look here! funny how i didn’t even realise at the time!!) and took the summer to loose the weight, so my spring/summer wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired. But, i’m sure i can make do till April 15th, which will be the day i go out and literally shop till i drop,hahaha!
Don’t forget it’s not too late to join us if you want to curb your shopping enthusiasm;)
We have our twitter group #100dayshoppingban, join DonnaDebbie,LenaAngie and Ashlea.

The one thing i am loving (but not buying) right now is coral and all the pretty pastel shades. With a refund/exchange for an unwanted sales item from River Island a few weeks ago, i bagged these pretty earrings, instantly updating this old outfit into the the new monochromatic-pastel trend hitting the shops right now. Plus i hear statement earrings are the new big thing? Question, for you though on that one; how do you stop them from hurting your ears? As pretty as these bad boys are, my god they are heavy!
Know what else i’m loving right now? THIS SCARF!! HOW PRETTY! and how aptly on trend. Its monochromatic polkadot goodness is just amazing. My lovely fellow shopping-ban buddy Debbie sent it to me from her fabulous shop Duck And Duffel to curb my spending, (did i mention how lovely she is?) And it was love at first site. Her shop has the most amazing hand selected pieces, i mean, how absolutely amazing is this Rabbit Sweater (actually a Hare, but Hare shmare, its all bunnies to me.)
Be sure to check out the Blog too, she has some great tutorials for some crafty goodness.

Fashion is for everyone.

Whether you’re single in the city or a stay at home mum from the country…
we all have a passion for fashion!

Every Friday Lena & I will be co-hosting a fashion free-for-all linkup!

Anything fashion goes!

Link up your outfit posts, a fashion recap, a fashion wishlist, get your kids or hubby in on the fun… if you’ve got a passion for fashion, this is the place to be!

Celebrate your style with us every Friday!

We’ll be pinning our favourite looks to our Passion for Fashion boards on Pinterest!
You can find the board HERE

Follow both hosts Lena and  Me so we can come visit you!
If you could link back to us via text link or button and help spread the
Passion For Fashion word.
The more ladies the merrier!

Then go visit, blog hop, follow and comment on all the fabulous ladies you are meeting!

{this linkup is very NEW we would love for you to help us spread the word! }

Tweet us / instagram us with the hashtag #PassionForFashion

with your outfits,

Lets spread the Passion For Fashion word, the more the merrier!

get everyone involved!!

Ps dont forget still a few days left to enter the Brit Pack £100 ASOS voucher GIVEAWAY!!
Click the image to enter

1. January 31, 2014 / 8:02 am

Well done you, I'm only doing February not spending couldn't last 100 days, would kill me 🙂
    Love the earrings xx

2. January 31, 2014 / 11:27 am

Rachel you look lovely (you looked lovely last year too). The earrings are a great find. I think you deserve a big pat on the back for committing to two difficult personal goals and sticking to them. Inspirational to see and read about x

3. January 31, 2014 / 11:37 am

I've been trying to wear more earrings lately, but I've found the same thing – so heavy and uncomfortable by the end of the day!

4. January 31, 2014 / 1:02 pm

New to your blog, and I'm loving this outfit!! The combination of coral/blush + gray + black is amazing. And also, props to you for not spending money for 100 days! Such bravery, I'm not sure I could do that!

Caroline

5. January 31, 2014 / 1:37 pm

That light shade of the sweater is gorgeous–and your scarf is so pretty with the rest of the look!

6. January 31, 2014 / 2:11 pm

Those trousers are lovely on you. I would like trousers like that but I worry I would not pull them off very well. I love your earrings too x

7. January 31, 2014 / 2:53 pm

Love this outfit!!! That sweater is amazingly cute!

8. January 31, 2014 / 3:13 pm

Those earrings are GOR-GE-OUS! Too bad they're heavy, but I think it might be worth some discomfort to look that pretty :). Love your whole outfit! ~Ann
    Tarnished Royalty

9. January 31, 2014 / 4:37 pm

I love that scarf! And I don't have an answer for your on the earrings thing – big earrings make my ears hurt, too.

10. January 31, 2014 / 6:01 pm

love this outfit….my favorite parts are the scarf and the earrings…great picks! 🙂

Found your post via Favorite Fashion Friday link up… hope you stop by and let me know your thoughts on my outfit. 🙂

Rhea, Et Cetera – trench coat & coral

• January 31, 2014 / 6:13 pm

btw, glad to have stumbled upon your blog. following both you and lena on bloglovin and pinterest… will be linking up weekly! 🙂

11. January 31, 2014 / 11:20 pm

Gorgeous outfit! I love the pinks and greys. And that polka dot scarf is perfect with this outfit!

12. February 1, 2014 / 3:03 am

You are absolutely gorgeous! You eyebrows are to die-for and that is a great thing because I do like to die for anything or anyone. lol. Great ensemble. You inspire me each week. Hug to you for your determination on your shopping ban. That is so commendable, I JUST CAN'T STAND IT. lol

13. February 1, 2014 / 3:10 am

I haven't been buying much lately since I'm so busy but I did score some red Levi's for under $10 today. I couldn't pass up that deal! That's practically a thrift store price! I'm glad you're still going strong with your shopping ban though. That's great!
    Also this outfit looks awesome on you. I'm loving your gray jeans, the pretty pastel sweater, and your new polka dot scarf.

14. February 1, 2014 / 5:36 am

Wow I am loving that sweater!! And the scarf is super cute 🙂 I'm also kind of doing a no spending thing… but that's mostly because I'm pretty broke right now, haha!

Mackenzie

15. February 1, 2014 / 8:35 am

That's such a chic outfit, Rachel! Love those earrings. Even I've been into big earrings,and sometimes they do hurt a bit. But I guess the idea is to buy the ones that are made out of lightweight material!

16. February 2, 2014 / 7:52 am

Quarter of the way there – well done!! Love the coral with the greyish-khaki pants (hard to tell the exact colour, but it looks great). Thanks so much for hosting.

17. February 3, 2014 / 7:54 am

Ahh what a beautiful outfit and you're just gorgeous! 🙂 I definitely can see how the earrings would be heavy but they are so pretty so I'm sure they're worth the effort 😉

This is such a wonderful link-up- I have participated and look forward to participating more often. I will spread the word! x

18. July 29, 2016 / 2:49 am