Modcloth Coach Trip Dress

Modcloth recently reached out to see how i would style one of their classic dresses (The Coach Trip dress in Noir).
I almost felt a bit overwhelmed with the possibilities as it is such a great blank canvas that can be re mixed a ton of ways. My initial thought was to go with black and red, a classic and a definite staple go-to combo for me. But then i started messing around with some great autumnal colours and topped it all off with a touch of teal , because quite frankly im totally taken by teal,haha. It just adds such a great unexpected quirk to any outfit.
So here we have it!
How i would wear The Coach Trip Dress in Noir…Autumnal with a hit of Teal

Autumnal with a hit of Teal by rachel-the-hat featuring nylon stockings

Coach kohls dress / Wool cardigan / Nylon stocking / Chelsea Crew ankle boots / Yellow purse / Metal jewelry / Orange belt / Hat / Touch of True Beauty Gloves in Teal

Its my birthday in two weeks (eek 29 how the heck did that happen?!) So this serves well as a husband i would like any/all of the above please!! Isn’t that cardigan amazing?!

What d’you think?

How would you style this dress?

1. November 21, 2013 / 8:22 am

29?! welcome to the club, sista.

2. November 21, 2013 / 10:15 am

Such a pretty outfit, I can totally imagine you wearing this!

3. November 21, 2013 / 6:41 pm

Oh, Rachel, the cafe I'm in has rubbish internet and so I can't see your photo, but I have to say teal is a lovely colour. My best friend has an obsession too- and an apparant monopoly on all the teal/turquoise underwear you could possibly hope to find on the British highstreet! 😉 I'll check out your pic later when I get home 🙂
    x

• November 22, 2013 / 6:25 pm

Have now witnessed the beauty! By the way Rachel, could you tell me, please, is there a programme that helps you make sleek montages like that? I really struggle displaying images in the way I want them. Thanks 🙂
      x

• November 25, 2013 / 5:01 pm

i use a great website called Polyvore which is very popular across the fashion blogging board. very easy to use and you can import any item! its at http://www.polyvore.com :)xx

4. November 22, 2013 / 3:39 am

I love how you styled it- those boots are so cute!

5. November 22, 2013 / 4:30 pm

that is an awesome cardigan! i love the color combo of this outfit

passionateturban.blogspot.com

6. November 27, 2013 / 4:58 am

I would love to have that dress in black.. it'll look awesome with teal shoes :O