Highlights of Gold

Sometimes all my brain can compute is a a simple dress.  Life lately is so busy i barely feel one day roll in to the next, it all kind of blurs in to one and i could not even tell you which day of the week i am on. I have just picked up an extra day in my work, which is good for many reasons, but it means another day in uniform and not getting to wear my own clothes and dream up outfits. But , such is life sometimes. Plus it should mean i won’t need to shop, like, at all (ha.. i can but try right?!).

I’ve had this dress for a couple of months, i think i bought it in hope of reaching my target weight and feeling good enough to wear it. The target weight rolled round, but i still lacked the confidence to wear it. I don’t do clingy very often at all, but i really wanted to push myself to try a style i wouldn’t normally have gone for.  So one day last week, i was going for a coffee with hubs and i decided to push myself to wear this tight number. I love tan/creamy colours and black together, they seem to make a great combo. I just went really simple with the gold highlights in the bag, necklace and boots an i was good to go.

It did feel strange wearing something so, um, tight, im normally a pretty baggy or floaty dress/top kind of person, but i felt proud of myself for trying something different. Plus hubs loved it (haha, those men ay?!) I really like the idea of layering on a big thick knitted seater over it come winter or a shirt and biker jacket.

Do you ever push yourself out of your clothing comfort zone? Were you pleasantly surprised?

Dress: Dorothy Perkins

Boots & Bag & Necklace: New Look

1. September 29, 2013 / 10:18 pm

I think this silhouette looks awesome on you! It's seriously really flattering, plus this dress looks really nice and comfy too. Those boots are awesome too. I've been admiring boots like that with the cutouts lately.

2. September 30, 2013 / 4:19 am

You look so svelte and sophisticated (I struggled just spelling those words!). I do love doing things differently but agree – that dress is going to look so awesome layered too. xx

3. September 30, 2013 / 5:47 am

That dress looks incredible on you! xx

4. September 30, 2013 / 9:11 am

the dress looks wonderful on you! sometimes all you need is a pretty, simple dress:-) xx

5. September 30, 2013 / 1:41 pm

With a look this chic, simplicity is perfection! Love the booties btw. Hope you can join us by linking up to Monday Mingle again! πŸ™‚

6. September 30, 2013 / 2:29 pm

It's always great to step outside of our comfort zones once in awhile! I love this outfit!!

7. September 30, 2013 / 3:10 pm

Girl – you look amazing. Simply gorgeous. That dress looks amazing!! And yes – one time I let my hubs dress me for a night out. It was a clingy, striped, lower cut dress that I would have never normally picked out for myself, but he loved it and that made me feel great. πŸ™‚

8. September 30, 2013 / 3:38 pm

I'm so glad you pushed yourself to wear this because, whoa mama, what a payoff! You are simply stunning. I am so proud of how far you've come in the weight loss department, and in such a short time. Just look at the first photo of you in this post compared to your "about" photo. Amazing transformation. I didn't think you could be more gorgeous, but you have proved me wrong! Your hair & makeup are spot on, too! (New blush perhaps? Something is just making you glow!). Paul is one lucky hubby!! πŸ™‚
    xo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny

9. September 30, 2013 / 4:45 pm

both you and the dress look lovely!

10. September 30, 2013 / 8:20 pm

You look amazing girl!!! Glad you decided to break out of your comfort zone and try it cuz you look like one hot mama! πŸ™‚ And I'm loving your bronzer/blush, you look gorgeous. I know what you mean about days blurring together and being in your boring work clothes all the time. Blech. Sometimes I just come home and put on sweats or yoga pants πŸ™
    Jessi

11. October 1, 2013 / 1:45 am

You look so gorgeous, wow, that dress is absolutely killer on you! I love it so, so much! And thank you for your sweet words – we're definitley excited to start a family, hopefully all will go without a hitch!! πŸ˜€

xo
    By The Shore

12. October 1, 2013 / 1:57 am

You look gorgeous. And SKINNY!

13. October 1, 2013 / 4:36 am

Ok, you're adorable!! So glad you want to link up with us this week!
    Elise @ Hunters of Happiness

14. October 2, 2013 / 1:02 am

This dress looks great on you, such a chic look! Love the boots!!

15. October 2, 2013 / 12:42 pm

a striped dress would be pushing it – although when i do take risks is usually when i get the most compliments!

16. October 3, 2013 / 6:07 pm

I believe this is my most favorite outfit on you – ever!! I love the dress, the boots are perfect and your hair is amazing. I am pinning it and keeping it for when I need inspiration for my next cut. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

17. October 20, 2013 / 1:36 am

You look awesome! And it wou.ld look fabulous with a jacket or cardigan too. Good on you!

18. August 5, 2015 / 2:08 am