Dress Justice

Good Morning (afternoon, evening—insert as appropriate here–) Happy Monday to you!
It is currently 8am here and i am writing this blog in my pj’s whilst watching Barnyard with Neo. I love lazy mornings, having said that i have been up since 6.15, so lets see if i still feel so chirpy in a few hours, lol. Having said that, i think i’m kind of used to early wake up calls now…kids… cant live with ’em, etc etc etc 😉

Have you had a nice weekend? Its cray-cray how fast these Mondays roll round isn’t it?! Its those time thieves again i tell ya!
So this dress, i can’t seem to do it justice in photos… it is beautiful, the perfect fit and print. I am in dress love ( i know, you’ve heard me say that a gazillion times haven’t you!!) But because this dress has a paisley/floral fairly small print, you can’t really see much how pretty it is… im sorry dress.. i did not do you justice at all. But i love you very much and shall wear you again today, because well, on Mondays i’m a lazy thinker and can’t decide what to wear, plus you’re super comfy.
Also my belt slid down..damn those wardrobe malfunctions… just hate it when that happens.

I have a question for you today… with or without leggings??… which do you prefer? Its a bit chilly still here (i know, its ridiculous, i mean its JULY for crying out loud!!)

I used to wear leggings with dresses a lot years ago, but then since blogging i stopped… (don’t know why that is? don’t see many bloggers with leggings? hmm not sure… correlation there, is?!)
But being British, its just plain chilly most days, leggings are rather handy! But what do we think , and i’m all for the honest opinions here.

Do leggings and dresses go or is it a no-no?

What do we think?

I like both ways if im honest and cant decide which i prefer.. hence i ask you for your expertises ladies..

(stupid belt)

I shall love you and leave dear friends, oh and if you haven’t yet, don’t forget to add me on  BLOGLOVIN’ here!! I would hate for you to miss out on all these life changing, thought provoking questions i put to you… leggings or no leggings.. oooohh.. i’ve got to go lie down, i’ve really over exerted myself here…heeeeheeeheee.

Dress: Asos

Jacket: New Look

Belt: Vintage (was hubby’s in the 80’s)

Boots & Leggings: Matalan

Earings: Lola Rose

Bag: Very

1. July 1, 2013 / 8:11 am

oh, i do LOVE that dress! it works both ways, but with those pins of yours, i would never wear leggings!

2. July 1, 2013 / 9:33 am

I'd say no leggings too, but if it's chilly, then what the heck, wear them and be comfortable!

3. July 1, 2013 / 9:47 am

A few years ago, I used to wear nothing but leggings under dresses, and last week when I had a giant clearout of my wardrobe room, I found a pile of leggings, which I'd sort of forgotten I had. I don't really wear them anymore, mostly because I hate my feet so much that I now prefer tights.

4. July 1, 2013 / 10:21 am

That dress is really gorgeous! I love the print and the shape of it with the belt 🙂 Personally I don't like wearing leggings because I think they look weird on me, but they look good with this dress on you! If the weather's not good enough for bare legs, then definitely wear leggings if you want 🙂

5. July 1, 2013 / 12:12 pm

I love wearing leggings with dresses! Of course, I also love it when it's actually hot enough to wear dresses with no leggings, but we can't always have what we want, can we?
    Even if the pictures don't do it justice, I can tell that that is a very beautiful dress!

6. July 1, 2013 / 2:19 pm

Haha oh British summers – they are so rubbish! Canadian summers are so much better (then again, we make up for it with truly horrible winters…)

I like this look both ways. I would be unsure about leggings and dresses generally, but here it looks fab! Love this whole outfit and you look really good, Rachel! x

7. July 1, 2013 / 6:05 pm

No leggings – if you can bear to bare, then you definitely should! You look beautifully slim in that dress. It's a perfect fit. Px

8. July 1, 2013 / 6:46 pm

LOVE that dress. And I actually have the same shoes 🙂 Hmm…I like it with and without leggings. But if I had to pick one, I'd go without.

9. July 1, 2013 / 8:42 pm

Pretty lady & outfit 🙂 with this dress I'd say without leggings but I must admit I am a leggings lover 🙂 x

10. July 1, 2013 / 10:09 pm

Fantastic dress – I like you in both looks! The leggings make it seem a bit edgier. I think if you went sans leggings, maybe go with a different shoe, like a strappy sandal?

11. July 1, 2013 / 11:01 pm

LOVE that dress! And I say without leggings!

Xo, Amanda

theamandakathryn.blogspot.com

12. July 2, 2013 / 10:21 am

I'm a blogger and I wear leggings (I sound like I'm in therapy). I have a few posts in my What Kat Wore section where I am blatantly flaunting my leggings in fact!

Basically I wear leggings on colder days or when the dress is oh so pretty but a tad too short for me. You've got great legs so you can wear it either way. It looks fab with those boots!

13. July 5, 2013 / 1:30 am

This dress really is super pretty! I think I like it best without leggings, but I'm definitely jealous of your cooler weather. I want to be able to wear a jacket!

14. July 5, 2013 / 3:06 am

I have been straying away from leggings too unless I'm just lounging – maybe I have been relating them to working out and being lazy? Who knows? I really like this dress though both with and without leggings. The pattern is just adorable!

xoxo,
    Laura

15. March 8, 2014 / 6:53 am

I love the dress! It is very true that it is huge at the bust, and that is saying something as I am a D cup. Though it will need alterations to adjust for my body dimensions