One of Those Days…

Hiii ladies, how was your weekend?
Well It’s officially back to work for me, bleugh! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my breather from the reality that is a stressful job and now its back to the finance and back to chasing and paying the bills.
From having time off i have to work an extra day this week to catch up on myself. Jeez, when you’re your own boss there isn’t reeeaally holiday time as such. But compared to how i used to be i have definitely learnt to switch off somewhat.. if i hadnt i think i may have gone CUCKOO!! So on that note its nice to be here, half sane at least!

Blouse: New Look (last year)
Jeans: F&F clothing at Tesco
Shoes: Davina for Next
Cardi: Primark
Bag: Peacocks

This is one of those (quite often if i’m honest) times that i don’t like these photos. So then i did the do i dont i post them shuffle and decided that yehhh i may as well. We all have off days right? Strangely i thought i looked ok today in real life, considering*!!
I thought i was having a nice-ish hair day and the colours of my chosen outfit popped nicely against our grey cloudy skies. So that makes me wonder, what do i go by? The photos or my real life view? Hmmm chicken or the egg scenario me thinks!
So i’ve been trying to shop my wardrobe again and came out with this outfit which has all been there for a while, some bits longer than others. I’m trying to use separates more rather than dresses, as sometimes with dresses there’s only a couple of really obvious ways you can wear them, unless you count inside out and back to front, which i wont rule out.
Annyway i’ve chewed your ears off (eugh weird saying) for long enough.
I’ll be back soon as its Everybody Everywhere time again. This month its monochromatic… i mean seriously?! all one colour, surely this is not possible? I have to say for me this is a TOUGHIE!!You know me, the more colour the better. least i have shades of… to play with! Oh a challenge.. i accept!!
See you all very soon and have yourselves a corker of a week!
xox

* considering i had the silly dog in bed with us as we had a massive thunderstorm . The poor old girl was terrified. So she slept in bed between us, but with every clatter of thunder she’d jump and then go crazy. I was juuusst nodding off to sleep and the thunder boomed, before i knew it i literally had a dog on my face!! Obviously my face must be a very safe place as she would not move… Needless to say im very tired and praying there’s no thunder tonight! Bizarre really, if aint the kids its the dog!

WatchOutForTheWoestmans
Join us! Click the Spotlight

MONDAY MINGLE

1. August 12, 2012 / 9:43 pm

Ohhh… I know exactly the feeling of feeling good in the morning about an outfit and then being less happy watching the pictures. But, I use to think that another light, a better photographer (I mostly take the photos by myself), or another background would make the outfit justice and give the outfit another try. However, I think you did a great job with this color combination, so in my opinion no needs to worry!

2. August 12, 2012 / 9:49 pm

That first day going back to work after having a long break is always so awful and unreal. I hope your week is bearable! πŸ˜‰

Also, I am loving your outfit, especially that top.

3. August 12, 2012 / 9:52 pm

I think you look wonderful, and I do totally understand the phenomenon of not loving the picture, even if I love the outfit! Let's tell ourselves that the pictures are just off, when that happens.

Love all the colors, and the doggie story too : >

4. August 12, 2012 / 10:23 pm

Love the colors on you and I understand about not liking the photos. That happens to me too, all part of the style bloggers challenge. I say go by real life. πŸ™‚

5. August 13, 2012 / 1:44 am

Ooooh… I love those colors together! Thank you for posting them! Our biggest dog is afraid of storms, poor thing! My husband calls the dogs "our other children"! πŸ˜‰ -Marci

6. August 13, 2012 / 3:24 am

I happen to think you look very lovely. The colors look very perfect together and your hair is wonderful. But I understand, I do this all the time. Great outfit, terrible photos, awkward self-esteem. It's a bad cycle, but that's fashion blogging. But I swear, you look wonderful!

7. August 13, 2012 / 3:55 am

I'm in absolute love with that shirt and the way you put all those amazing colors together is awesome! Don't be too hard on yourself when it comes to pictures, you look adorable in these!

xo
    Alex

8. August 13, 2012 / 4:37 am

I think you look adorable! Love the bright colors!!

9. August 13, 2012 / 7:29 am

Love the pants girl! πŸ™‚

10. August 13, 2012 / 7:44 am

May I put your fears to rest, Rachel, and say that these photos are ADORABLE! The mix of color and pattern just makes my little fashionista heart smile. Nice to "meet" you thru some link parties!!! ~Sarah

11. August 13, 2012 / 8:13 am

Loving all these colours! I am back to work today too, dammit.

12. August 13, 2012 / 12:43 pm

Cute mix!

13. August 13, 2012 / 2:54 pm

What a fun and happy outfit. Loving all the colours. Good to brighten any day!

14. August 13, 2012 / 4:04 pm

I love how bright this outfit is, so amazing! I've had problems with my new dog over thunderstorms as well (and fireworks, which is bloody difficult during the Edinburgh festival – there are fireworks every night!) she's massive and insists on climbing on my knee and under the covers xo

15. August 13, 2012 / 4:10 pm

It really is hard to get back into the swing of things after a nice break πŸ™‚

You look beautiful as usual. You wear colors so well!

16. August 13, 2012 / 4:25 pm

Your outfit made me smile! It is so bright and cheerful. Loving those jeans πŸ™‚ Heather

17. August 13, 2012 / 4:29 pm

What GORGEOUS colors. Love love love this look! I hear ya on having to play catch up…I hope you'll join us for Monday Mingle again! πŸ™‚

18. August 13, 2012 / 9:33 pm

This outfit makes me so happy, I love everything about it! I certainly have some days where I feel better than phots of me looks! xx

19. August 13, 2012 / 10:23 pm

I love how you colour block! Can't wait to see your monochrome outfit, that'll be interesting! =)
    xx

20. August 14, 2012 / 6:05 am

Love love love that top! SO cute. and I'm kind of obsessed with that bag. Green is pretty much my favorite color! You look super cute in these pics!

-Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

21. August 14, 2012 / 7:08 pm

I like this outfit! I wouldn't call this an off day at all. Seeing colors brighten up my day, and I'm sure it's the same for others as well. You've inspired me to be braver in incorporating colors and patterns into my outfits!

xo,