Kissy Kissy

Hello lovelies, and how are we? Good, yes?
Well Mondays rolled round once again as quick as ever!
I managed to get out this weekend to Hobbycraft to stock up on some bits that i need for some crafty plans. Last night i went to bed and crafty goodness was whirling round and round in that lil brain of mine and i’m feeling totally inspired right now! I just want to get my teeth in to a good productive project or two. I’m looking forward to autumn coming by and picking up where i left off last year on the crochet and knitting front too, for some reason these seem like winter sports to me. Summer i just cant seem to pick up those needles. Strange…
I’ve never been a crafty gal so im really enjoying these new skills im picking up along the way and new hobbies to entertain my over active mind. Only problem is, finding time. I dont even know where im supposed to pluck that from?! Answers on a postcard…please!?!

Lips top: Old originally Dorothy Perkins but i got it from Ebay about 3 years ago
Jeans: F&F Tesco
Shoes: Lotta
Cardi: Super old from Topshop
Bag and belt: Matalan
Necklace: Vintage
Glasses c/o: Firmoo

So again this is mostly old. The jeans are from the new range of jeans in at Tesco right now. Obnoxiously pink jeans were missing from my ever growing coloured jeans collections, so added they were and me likey.(ive also added mustard…prepare to see them a lot, I likey them too!)
The top originally had a floppy wierd bow that just didnt sit right. i bought it ages ago on ebay for pennies and then didnt like it, squirreled it away for 2 years, dug it out by complete fluke the other day whilst sorting stuff out and now love it, plus the stupid floppy bow fell off as i was trying it on. This is why i hate getting rid of clothes. Im fickle!
exhibit b to my fickleness: This cardi. This cardi was bought when i was 18 (eeeek nearly 10 years ago:/ ….) its a size 10 and i used to wear it a fair bit. I then got bored of it and gave it to my mum about 3 years ago. She then got some wear out of it and then forgot about it. For some reason i thought to myself the other day, “oh how i miss that thin striped cardi” random, i know. So i text mummy dearest and what d’you know shes a squirreler too and had it at the back of her wardrobe.
Dont get me wrong i can’t do it up but it was perfect for a bit of pattern mixing!

This is why im a hoarder hoarderson!! But a happy one!

Monday Mingle

Join us! Click the Spotlight

WatchOutForTheWoestmans

stillbeingmolly

Real Girl Style Link Up

1. August 20, 2012 / 9:37 am

Oh bless you and your mum both squirreling away that cardi! It is a beaut.
    I cannot wait to see an outfit post on your mustard jeans, I love mustard!!
    xx

2. August 20, 2012 / 11:09 am

Fab outfit, I cant wait to see the mustard jeans! 🙂

3. August 20, 2012 / 12:00 pm

what a cute outfit! love the bright colors!

4. August 20, 2012 / 12:37 pm

I love this outfit! The colors are fantastic together. Love that top!!

5. August 20, 2012 / 12:53 pm

Your glasses are so cute! I love a pair of stylish frames…

6. August 20, 2012 / 2:15 pm

Bless your mother's heart for holding on to your cardi – b/c you sure look adorable in this outfit! I really like your style,a nd I appreciate you coming by to share with Visible Monday!

7. August 20, 2012 / 3:28 pm

i often give things to my sisters and then want them back as soon as i see them wearing it! you look lovely in this colorful outfit! as for finding time, please let me know what you learn!!

8. August 20, 2012 / 3:31 pm

Your top is adorable paired with the minty green belt and purse. Great color combo 🙂

9. August 20, 2012 / 5:28 pm

I'm definitely more into crafty stuff in winter too, it just seems like a waste to spend my summer evenings sitting indoors! You look gorgeous, I always love how colourful you are! xo

10. August 20, 2012 / 7:45 pm

Love your outfit, the pink lips print is so cute! 🙂 Happy Monday! Also, I wish I could direct you to a good place to find a red skirt like this, but I got mine at Primark five years ago! I haven't seen one at any online stores, hope you are able to find a good one!

11. August 20, 2012 / 7:58 pm

love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

12. August 20, 2012 / 8:06 pm

Hello Ms Hat! Tis nice to meet you and thanks for your kind comment- I think you're the first person who has ever commented on it. By it, I mean of course, the waffle that is the comments box!! I like to create a nice eccentric welcome which reflects my quirky personality! :0)
    Well I knew I'd like where I was coming to visit when I clicked on something called 'Rachel the hat'. I like hats! Did you realise that when you visited? There are some 45 different hats featured in previous posts! I must have a look around and I'd like to follow a fellow hat obsessive, so I'll be off to GFC when I finish this epic! (You are of course welcome to do the same, but after the insane insinuations above, I suspect that maybe you might not ya? :0)
    Oh and time thing? Easy peasy- neglect all your housework, live in mess and you too can make crafty projects all the time! (Hmmm, must not let my Mum see this comment…)
    I like the stripy cardie- tis tres jolie!

13. August 20, 2012 / 9:03 pm

I agree COMPLETELY (with the hoarding, that is). You know how most "organized" people will tell you that if you haven't worn something in a year to get rid of it? I say, bah humbug! I wear things that have been stashed in the back of my closet for years upon years, and is the leading excuse of why I just can't get rid of my clothes.
    Anyway. You look fantastic, sweetheart! You've lost a bit of weight, haven't you? You look gorgeous!

xoxo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny

14. August 20, 2012 / 9:29 pm

Loving the mix you have going on, pattern, stripes, colour. Fab!! Those firmo glasses really suit you as well!

I reckon I've probably bought the same mustard jeans from Tesco as you. Do they have a little zip detail on the pocket? I'm looking forward to wearing mine, I love mustard colours.

xx

15. August 20, 2012 / 9:44 pm

loving how bright this is!

16. August 20, 2012 / 11:11 pm

That top is ADORABLE, Rachel! And I love the vivid blues you've paired it with!!! ~Sarah

17. August 21, 2012 / 2:35 am

Very cute! And what a great cardi! 😉

18. August 21, 2012 / 5:29 am

Hi Rachel, thanks for stopping by my blOg and commenting.. It's always nice to meet a new follower.
    I've only just recently picked up my knitting needles again, calling it a winter sport made me chuckle, but it's so true!!
    Will follow back by GFC, I'm looking forward to seeing mustard jeans and future craft projects 🙂

19. August 21, 2012 / 2:18 pm

I love the jeans on you. Such a great colour 🙂

LaceyLoves

20. August 21, 2012 / 4:47 pm

What a fun top! Love the turq accessories.

21. August 21, 2012 / 8:30 pm

Hey skinny minnie! You look stunning in these photos! I adore all the colors and details. (Like how the bag and belt match perfectly.)
    And seriously, this past Monday did seem to roll around rather quickly, didn't it? It feels like just yesterday I was reading your post about you going back to work. haha Where is the time going?! Ahhh!