Summer Lovin’

Well what a beautiful week we’ve had here in Wales. Forecast is showers from tomorrow onwards, so back to normal. But, honestly, it’s been wonderful. Apart from working, its felt like we were on holidays. I spent some great time with the step kiddos yesterday. We went to the park, walked Holly the dog and then went to Pizza Hut. ‘Twas grand!
And today i have beach plans… making the best of the last sunny day. ‘Cos who knows when the old current bun will be back like this!

this kept happening when i asked Hubby to get the shoes shot! That girl.. she wants to be a style blogger!

Dress: £7 on sale River Island

Hat: very

Shoes: Lotta From Stockholm

scarf on bag: Vintage

Bag: sale-Peacocks £5

I love my new addition of clogs. Only problem is the peep toe part is rubbing my big toe. I got ouchies

🙁 any one have suggestions for making wearing in shoes easier?

I got this dress on super sale recently. i can  see it with boots and tights and a cardi for the inevitable cooler days. It was so light and breezy though, perfect for the 26 degrees c temps! And d’you know what else? the dress has pockets. I’ve found my perfect dress. Great length, comfy, easy breezy and the all important pockets! And £7! What a catch!

Right then you lovely ladies. Have yourselves wonderful weekends? Will you be watching the Olympics? Britians gone Olympic mad..it’s kinda cool!

Talk Soon!!

pleated poppy

1. July 27, 2012 / 9:51 am

You know compeed? They do this rub stick that you rub on areas that will usually blister with shoes and it prevents blisters! Can't remember the exact name but it's made by compeed- my mum uses it and it is SO good. It's small enough for your handbag too do you can reapply if you need to. Xo

2. July 27, 2012 / 10:54 am

What a cute dress, and I love that hat on you 🙂
    Have a nice weekend…

3. July 27, 2012 / 1:41 pm

what a pretty dress! and the shoes look so unique 🙂

4. July 27, 2012 / 2:56 pm

those shoes are so great. i wish i had a suggestion for making them more comfy. band-aids? that's all i can think of!!

5. July 27, 2012 / 3:38 pm

Love the dres, agreed about the pockets! Glad you're getting to enjoy th lovely wether too 🙂

6. July 27, 2012 / 3:43 pm

Hello Rach! Thanks so much for the b-day wishes sweetie, and you are just an adorable vision in this ensemble. I can never get enough of pretty dresses & cute straw hats! So perfect, everytime!! Aw, and the shoe shot is perfect! 😉 Happy Friday, sweet girl. xo V

7. July 27, 2012 / 5:36 pm

That dress is lovely, you look so summery! I'm a big fan of any dresses with pockets – they're so useful xo

8. July 28, 2012 / 7:35 am

Yay, a dress with pockets. The dream combo. I find pockets essential as a mum for tissues, lip balm.. stones and toy cars!! I was going to ask you if your shoes are comfy.. I hate when new shoes rub. Wish I had a suggestion.. you look fab though 🙂 xx

9. July 28, 2012 / 11:47 am

Hasn't the weather been glorious, and how nice is it to wear summer dresses??? This is such a pretty one, Rachel! The check has a lovely vintagey feel to it… Plus I love your necklace and hat – such a cute style!!

Btw I've started my photo tips posts (Photo Tips Fridays), if you haven't seen already :)) have a great weekend, sweetie!

Catherine x

10. July 29, 2012 / 12:20 pm

I thought this dress was vintage before I read it was from River Island.. I love it.. such a bargain too. Love your straw bowler hat too.
    I thought the olympic opening ceremony was amazing! made me so proud to be from Great Britain 🙂

Jo. x

11. July 30, 2012 / 3:05 pm

the dress is just lovely and your shoes are amazing!!

12. August 1, 2012 / 7:05 pm

Oh, I just love this dress paired with that hat! Too cute! (And your dog is just adorable…) I have that same problem with a pair of peep toe shoes I own… 🙁 So frustrating!

I've been addicted to watching the Olympics lately, which hasn't been good at all for productivity! They are such fun to watch, but I always feel so bad for the athletes who don't win. I guess I'm not much of a competitor…I want everyone to win and be happy! 🙂

13. August 2, 2012 / 2:36 am

Love this whole look! It's so cute. I'm digging all the accessories too…the hat, the shoes, that amazing green bag. Love it all!

14. July 9, 2015 / 6:06 am