Bugs Life

Hey Lovelies,
Monday has arrived way to quickly again. I’ve had the most wonderful weekend (Happy Mothers Day to all the american Mama’s out there)
The thrifty gods must have been looking down on me as i have had a number of lovely finds, i think its thrifting karma. Friday i gave 3 huge bags away to my local charity shop, and in return i found some lovely cups, saucers, plates, gravy boat and casserole dish (vintage kitchen ware is my favourite!) and a couple of vintage broaches to add to the collection.
On top of visiting the charity shops and a huge car boot sale, we went to our favourite park, Margam Park, with the kids on Saturday and the weather was beautiful! We had an impromptu picnic with just some bits and bobs bought that morning and had a really lovely time. Not all my weekends are this lucky nice, normally it’s housework and rain, so this was so refreshing to be out in the sun and thoroughly enjoying it. Its raining cats and dogs here today however!?!
So this is from yesterday

Cardi: Clothing at Tesco
Skirt: (old) Primark
Top: worn back to front: (old) Dorothy Perkins
Bag: Vintage
Necklace: on sale ยฃ2: New Look
Shoes: (old): Next
Cats Eye Sunglasses: Very

So this is all quite old as outfits go. I have issues with buying “summer” clothes as British weather is sooo temperamental. The amount of summers when we barely have any nice warm weather is the norm here. So when we do get this nice weather i become a bit clueless!
This top is supposed to be worn with the buttons down the back, but i cut the little tag off and turned it round to create a collared open buttoned type look. Think i actually prefer it this way as i was never keen on how it sat before.
And these glasses, oh how i love thee! I’m working on getting a pair of genuine vintage fabulous sunglasses, but these do me nicely for now!

Anyway back to the rat race today, food, dishes, laundry, all that wonderful stuff, and then work tomorrow… Oh the joys!!! Not to wish time away but roll on Friday ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have yourselves a lovely week!!

Ps, The voting is still on-going, i’m in second place, currently 27 votes off the winner (which could all change), if you haven’t yet, it would be marvellous if you could click and like!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Links:
Monday Mingle over at the lovely Momtrends

WatchOutForTheWoestmans

1. May 14, 2012 / 10:30 am

I LOVE that top and the bag, they're fantastic! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Faye x

2. May 14, 2012 / 10:45 am

Adorable! Love your Style โ™ก

Wish you a great Week!

3. May 14, 2012 / 1:10 pm

I absolutely adore this outfit!! It's so bright and lovely. That blouse is fantastic. You look fabulous!!

4. May 14, 2012 / 3:04 pm

You look beautiful, I love everything about this combination ๐Ÿ™‚

5. May 14, 2012 / 3:32 pm

I love your outfits, they are jut so bright and wonderful and I'd never have the balls to wear anything similar! The butterfly blouse is so pretty, good idea swapping it around; I find button up backs a bit tricky! ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo

6. May 15, 2012 / 12:43 am

iยดm happy with your blog. Come to check out mine.

7. May 15, 2012 / 2:57 am

I was drawn to your blog from Monday Mingle. Rachel the Hat is such a clever name for a blog, coming from an ardent 'hat wearer.' Beautiful outfit!

8. May 15, 2012 / 3:24 am

Great top! Butterfly prints are so in right now. Thanks for sharing on Monday Mingle.

9. May 15, 2012 / 4:06 am

Love those colors and the shirt is just too fun!

10. May 15, 2012 / 1:58 pm

well, hello beautiful! i see you're rocking the yellow and red again, and still look fabulous as ever (not even a hint of that ronald mcdonald fellow, i swear!).

i LOVE your top and that you're wearing it backwards!!! i wouldn't have even realized if you hadn't told us, and i think you are brilliant for switching it around. it's so unique and pretty (hello, colorful butterflies).

i'm so glad to hear you had a nice weekend. but i must know – what on earth is a car boot sale? whatever it is, i'm sure it's interesting because it includes the word sale, which means shopping! :))

xo
    kym
    bitty.and.bunny

11. May 16, 2012 / 3:58 am

Sounds like such a fantastic weekend! I really need to go through my stuff and donate it so I can make room for more thrifted finds :] I really like this look on you. The colors are fantastic and the butterfly print is so pretty. I think it looks cute the way you chose to wear it.

12. May 17, 2012 / 9:35 am

Turning the blouse around was a great idea! And your whole outfit looks colorful and fun. Glad you had a great day in the park.