Faking it

“Say what you want about long dresses, but they cover a multitude of shins.”
Mae West

That’s right! Today it was  hiding my shins and the fact that i had a pair of leggings underneath there. You see, as the weathers so bad i thought i might try and fake Spring and see how that went. It rained, i was cold. I bought slippers to wear in work.

helloo sneaky leggings

Maxi Skirt: Dorothy Perkins about 18 months ago

Top: George at Asda (£3!)

Mellow Yellow Jacket: Next(which is sooo comfy, its such a soft stretchy denim)

Poka dot shoes: Peacocks last year (£5)

Surprisingly the denim jacket kept me really warm. I don’t know why thats surprising as denim keeps my legs warm on a regular basis so i don’t know why i thought it would be different for my arms?! Anywho, i’ve wanted to wear this jacket for about 3 weeks but perpetual rain has been getting right in my way. Between the huge downpours today there were moments of sunshine. I gotta say i looked slightly out of place in my spring outfit today whilst it was raining like nobody’s business!
Do you dress for weather or do you think, screw it, i’ll wear what i wanna and then suffer the consequences?
Hubby took these pics after a long day at the office and i felt like an ice cube:( Now im sat in joggers a hoody and ski socks… so cosy!!

Before i go, i was just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a badge/button swap? I have some space down the left hand side there and thought if anyone wanted to play swapsies we could?

Let me know if you fancy it…either leave a comment below or get in touch

rachelturone at gmail dot com..

Take it steady you lovely lot!

pleated poppy

1. April 24, 2012 / 8:57 pm

I think it's a fabulous combo. I just wish I wasn't so darn short )

Nina x

2. April 24, 2012 / 9:36 pm

I love that skirt so much! And it looks super cute with the polka dots.

I would totally do a button/badge swap with you if I had a button to swap. Maybe I'll have to make one!

3. April 24, 2012 / 10:12 pm

I love polka dots…and color of your great skirt 🙂

4. April 25, 2012 / 12:00 am

I am sure you brightened everyone else's day with your spring look. It is so cute. I love the long skirt paired with the polka dots :] I some times wear crazy clothes despite the weather…but only every so often.

I would love to swap buttons if you are interested :]

5. April 25, 2012 / 12:13 am

This really is a darling outfit! I smiled when I read that you were sneaking leggings in there! I've never done that! I have worn tights under long dresses, but that's not sneaky at all (unless you are wearing boots or something)

To answer you question, sometimes I dress for the weather…sometimes I dress to be practical…mostly it's a mixture of in between! hehe
    xx

6. April 25, 2012 / 1:31 am

ugh, tell me about rain, they're a bummer right? But i like that you were still enthusiastic about taking photos. i love this look, and specially the skirt! lookin good!

cheers, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

7. April 25, 2012 / 2:23 am

You look so cute! Im all for faking spring! Those shoes are adorable 🙂

Wish I had a badge to swap with you. Im pretty terrible about doing computer savvy stuff smh

8. April 25, 2012 / 3:00 am

Girl, I never dress for the season. I dress bright year round!! And I always get stares, but like I said, I think people that dress colorful and bubbly like us will always get stares.
    I love this outfit. All the colors are of course my favorite. And those flats…I need!
    Also, I would totally be into putting one of your buttons on my page, but as you can see I don't have any of my favorite blogger buddies buttons on my page because I don't know HTML. My page is bare bones. But in a couple months I'm going to pay my friend Allison (from ShyScout up there) to design me a new layout. When that happens I'll happily put all the buttons from my friend's blogs. I've honestly been wanting to do that since I started blogging half a year ago.
    Sorry for novel comment. You'll find I do that a lot. 🙂

9. April 25, 2012 / 6:08 am

I've noticed that when it gets rainy here for an extended time, I start dressing a little drearier.

I like the mix of the pastel jacket in with the brighter colors. I'm going to have to try that!

Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

10. April 25, 2012 / 9:30 am

Love the colour of your skirt Rach, looking fab as always! Hope you are well x

11. April 25, 2012 / 10:04 am

Loe that skirt it looks gorgeous! You have such a lovely style and I like that you're not afraid to mix up colours and stand out a bit, very inspiring! xx

12. April 25, 2012 / 10:49 am

great color combination 🙂
    shoes are adorable 🙂

13. April 25, 2012 / 12:34 pm

I LOVE this outfit!!! It looks so great on you, and it's such a fun color combo!!

14. April 25, 2012 / 12:34 pm

I love that polka dot shirt with the pop-of-color skirt. Very pretty!

15. April 25, 2012 / 12:50 pm

Love the bright outfit. I wear leggings often here too in Northern Cali.

16. April 25, 2012 / 5:02 pm

LOVE this outfit. all the prints & colors & textures…love. seriously!

17. April 25, 2012 / 5:18 pm

Great idea- you look fabulous and you are warm!! Clever! I know what it's like to 'fake spring' we do it all the time in rainy Seattle!

18. April 25, 2012 / 5:20 pm

LOVE it! The colors are divine!

I am up for a button swap!

19. April 25, 2012 / 6:05 pm

LOVE that skirt on you! the color is amazing! you are so cute…love this look!

20. April 25, 2012 / 7:03 pm

oh my god, can you say gorgeous? i love you in a maxi skirt, leggings or not! it really accentuates your height and makes you look long & lean. so so pretty!
    i'd totally be up for swapping buttons….let's chat about it over email.

xo
    kym
    bitty.and.bunny

21. April 25, 2012 / 8:42 pm

I do the same thing 🙂 dress however I want regardless of the weather. haha I'm loving your outfit! Those shoes are super cute and I love maxi skirts!! I would love to do a button swap if I had a button…lol I should get on that..

-Jessi

22. April 25, 2012 / 9:05 pm

Love the colour of the skirt!

23. April 26, 2012 / 2:42 pm

Love that quote and the color of the maxi! I hope it warms up soon! We are in full spring here!

24. April 26, 2012 / 4:45 pm

lovely outfit! 🙂 I like the way you combined the skirt with the top. I have to take the courage and also start wearing long skirts 🙂 😀

visiting from WIWW

25. April 26, 2012 / 10:19 pm

I do appreciate all the bright colors and the polka dots! And I love my skinny yellow belt too! AND I'm glad I found you because I love your unique, colorful style! -Jessica

THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

26. April 27, 2012 / 4:42 pm

It's so hard to imagine being cold, it's already getting so hot where I live. The big polka dots on your shirt and little ones on your shoes are the cutest together- I love it! I have a similar pair of shoes in white/black but I really love the blue color. Love your bright colors, it's hard to tell you were even cold 🙂 I would totally be up for a button swap if you're interested!