March has flown by at a crazy rate( i'm aware i say that every month, seriously am i going to be like 90 in the blink of an eye??!) and the weeks have kind of blurred, but a few things have stood out and those are these things:
1. FashionSome of the mid season sales are in action and I have bagged myself a couple of goodies, in particular this maxi dress from Warehouse and some panel leg raw hem jeans from Next, both absolute bargains. I've already worn the dress and can not wait to wear it again but with my red boots- another sale favourite, and i'm currently awaiting the arrival of the jeans, but shall keep you posted.
2. EatsZizzi's Gluten free vegan pasta is uh-mazing! So is their strawberry sorbet which is the tastiest sorbet i've ever tried.
3. FaceSo i ran out of my Elf foundation and for a while reverted back to my Chanel old foundation to tide me over whilst i ordered and awaited delivery of the Elf product. What i realised however was how much i actually prefer the Elf foundation (which is cruelty free and vegan) and what a better foundation it is for me and my skin. When i apply the Elf product it lasts the majority of the day, is build-able and gives a great coverage and most importantly doe not go greasy/oily.
As a contrast the Chanel makes me look oily after about 3 hours and by lunch time i would say there is not a great deal left coverage wise. I also find it clings to dry patches and can be quite 'clumpy' in areas when applying.
The ELF Studio finish flawless foundation is a fraction of the price and is by far (for me) a superior product. I'm currently wearing the shade 'Natural' but progress on to Sand come summer, both are perfect matches for my skin through out the year and is an absolute delight for the skin.
4. MediaSo i haven't been reading much, which makes me a bit sad, so I'm making a conscious effort once again to pick up a book. I read The Stylist which was a great fun light hearted read and now i'm wizzing through a short stories book by Victoria Hislop.
TV wise i absolutely LOVED and watched in 2 sittings Catastrophe on Amazon Prime. Hilarious, slightly wrong humour which is just my thing. Even the husband loved it. Written and starring by Rob Delaney and Sharon Hogan it tells the story of an unlikely couple who suddenly find themselves together. Comedy gold.
5. LifeBit of a different day in my life last week. My sister and I filmed for BBC wales a segment for the TV programme X-ray. Its being aired tonight at 7.30pm so if you can get BBC One Wales in your area and fancy seeing me on your TV then please go have a watch. The subject is about clothing sizes on the British High Street, which i will be following up with a post too, but i think its something we as ladies can all relate to.
So yes, that day Rhiannon and I saw how a TV segment is broken down and filmed and often then repeated and filmed again from different angles. I was so impressed by the sheer amount of work and tenacity from the staff filming, it made me realise how hard they work to piece an episode together.
Great fun and a very different type of day for me.
So my lovelies, what have you been up to in the month of March? What have you read, bought loved?
Any recommendations? Let me know in the comments, I love to hear what you've been up to!