Leading on from yesterday, here it is in all its glory.
My extremely well thought out (to the point of obsessive) Spring 2016 Capsule wardrobe.
The full run through. (As most of my pieces were already owned I have used either the same or similar)
10. Denim Shirt
11. White Shirt
15&16. Madwell Black and white tee
17. Blush shell top
20. Worn black jeans
22. Khaki chino
26. White Levi's
32. Khaki Jumpsuit
33. Red Motto Jacket
37. Navy Blazer
45. Adidas Gazelle
45 In total
Now full disclaimer, I am still working out a dew kinks and the past few days have seen minor pangs of panic, mostly down to what coat to wear as it's still bloody freezing, it is in-fact hail stoning as I type..
But I'm just going to roll with it and see how it goes.
I started on April 1st and have and will continue to document each outfit on instagram (follow along here)
As i mentioned yesterday there are a couple of things I may purchase replacements of, and am currently looking to replace my trench as its rather snug (bursting at the seems and unflattering more like), and yet I know it will be an integral part of my capsule.
I have to say its the one thing you don't see on other capsules, coats. But needs must here in lil ol' Wales, and to leave the house without a coat is just plain silly.
A gorgeous day can very quickly change in to a down pour, so yehhh. Coats are a necessity.
Couple of other things I wanted to mention.
- I often work with brands. I love to promote great companies and work with new styles. It's part of what i do here, and seeing as that is in part my job, i don't what to neglect that. If I have the opportunity to work with a brand I will style the piece and mark it as LOOKBOOK, that way you will know what is for and you will hopefully still enjoy, after all we're not all doing the capsule, so hopefully this will appeal to all. I will then squirrel it away and keep aside for my next potential capsule.
- I will allow myself to change 3 things IF the weather gets incredibly warm (which may be a switch of knitwear, or some sandals, and should be to things i already own.).
- I also just wanted to be clear that I haven't just thrown everything out, that would be wasteful and defeating the object slightly. I have sold/given away anything that I know isn't for me, and then gotten it down to just pieces I really do like. I have stored it all away in the attic for future capsules (uh..hopefully).
- Blog posts, will hopefully continue in the same vein, but I shall be doing more specialised posts, i.e This Friday will be about the Denim Dress. I will also be doing weekly round-ups of what I have worn and how i've worn it that week, they will probably just be phone snaps from Instagram, but i want to document this capsule as much as possible, including any highs and lows and my feelings along the way.
- Oh and #Passion4Fashion linkup will continue as usual.. Yay!
So there we have it!
My first capsule.
I am excited!
I really hope you'll come along for this simplifying journey and enjoy reading about my experience.
If you have any questions, by all means hit me up in the comments or on twitter @RachelTheHat.
45 down from hundreds and hundreds.
#RtHCapsuleWardrobe.. Bring it on!
Ps Quite a few of the pieces in my capsule are from Shopbop.
It's been my privilege to work with them and i can honestly say they are a great company to order from and work with.
They have an amazing 25% off at the moment with the code INTHEFAM
I know! 25% is freakin' awesome. I bagged my Levi's and Zoe Karssen sweater and feeling rather smug!